Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer doesn't turn on  (Read 2098 times)

ss03

Computer doesn't turn on
« on: August 03, 2006, 02:22:58 PM »
First of all, sorry that my first post is for help but the problem is how I found the forum.

Basically, one morning I turned on the computer and was just doing my daily things when all of a sudden the computer turned itself off, it was very sudden, no signs of any problems or anything. Now if I try to turn it on, the power button gets pressed like any other useless button and does nothing. Makes a little click sound like always, and the computer does not turn on.

My belief is that this is harddrive related; however I am not entire certain if that is what the problem was. My harddrive is 40GB Western Digital harddrive, and I'm currently looking for the box to give you all more information but can't seem to find it, I will continue looking however.

I tried turning off the powerbar, cooling the area around my mid-tower case, and cooling the case itself down, letting the computer rest for 24 hours, and then turning it on, but same problem, pressed the button, it didn't turn on.

If this isn't a harddrive problem, anyone know what it could be? If you need information on any other parts of my computer and whatnot, please ask I'll be more than happy to provide you with the information.  

Also, if the harddrive did die out on me, is there anyway of fixing it,

I will respond ASAP if there are any other questions.

THANK YOU! ... in advance.

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Computer doesn't turn on
    « Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 03:13:10 PM »
    It could be a power supply, possibly the hard drive, maybe even something else.

It seems that to solve this mystery there needs to be a little "operation".  If you've got the know-how to open up the case (which I am NOT advocating) UNLESS you have experience, I"d recommend taking the system to a knowledgeable computer repair person.  

Alan <><  :D

I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

ss03

Re: Computer doesn't turn on
    « Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 10:59:50 AM »
    It could be a power supply, possibly the hard drive, maybe even something else.

It seems that to solve this mystery there needs to be a little "operation".  If you've got the know-how to open up the case (which I am NOT advocating) UNLESS you have experience, I"d recommend taking the system to a knowledgeable computer repair person.  

Alan <><  :D

Thanks for responding. I decided to open it up and do a first test, my first one was replacing the power supply and seeing what happens and that turned out to be the problem. Thank you.