Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Fellows Track Mouse issues  (Read 2503 times)

Dead_reckon

Fellows Track Mouse issues
« on: August 06, 2006, 10:12:33 AM »
ok, so, i have this fellows track mouse i bought in 05, i had to use it because my mouse is acting up, so, when i plug it in, it installs the driver and everything, but just last night it started sticking when i try to move it to the left, or right. if i move it enough it will move jerkly to the left or right, but it is a pain to use. up and down work fine. i have tryed reasearching this mouse and gotten no where, i do not know the modle number, nor is it on the mouse. does anyone know what could be causing this? btw, it worked fine on my school lappy in 05, never had issues with it till now.

it looks like this one:

it is USB, and plug n play
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 10:14:31 AM by Dead_reckon »

GX1_Man

Re: Fellows Track Mouse issues
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 10:23:09 AM »
Fouled contacts. If you can't clean them throw in trash pronto or leave on side of road.  ;)

Dead_reckon

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 08:36:20 PM »
or leave on side of road.

you dont seem to understand what people throw away around here, there quite stupid, they throw away anything that they dont have a use for, computers, TV's, speakers, monitors, you name it. as for the mouse, it seems that the board is loose and the little wheel is not breaking the beam of the motion sensors, i will fix this some other time, i dug up the HP mouse i found with the HP XE783, it works, but there isnt any sort of scrollwheel, or middle button, which is quite annoying

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 08:43:35 PM »
there isnt any sort of scrollwheel, or middle button, which is quite annoying

Go retro. Once upon a time all mice only had two buttons. A third button became cutting edge technology and a wheel....unheard of.  :o

Dead_reckon

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 09:03:27 PM »
there isnt any sort of scrollwheel, or middle button, which is quite annoying

A third button became cutting edge technology and a wheel....unheard of.  :o

i cant live without my third button and scroll wheel... HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO SWITCH WEAPONS IN FPS GAMES NOW!?  [smiley=angry.gif] but then again the lancer Gmouse 2000 didnt have a wheel, but it did have a middle buton, which would double click icons, and it had a speed control switch on the side... also it was a USB ball mouse, plug in play... another weird thing, it operated alittle bit too warm for my liking

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 09:18:32 PM »
    Dead_Reckon.......  Here's a novel idea , why not go out and buy ...... yes buy a brand shiny new mouse and then you won't have these problems ......

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Dead_reckon

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2006, 08:12:02 PM »
    Dead_Reckon.......  Here's a novel idea , why not go out and buy ...... yes buy a brand shiny new mouse and then you won't have these problems ......

dl65  ::)

i just spent the only 10 bucks i had on a new PCI NIC for the server, but i did dig this crappy old wireless mouse out of my dads closet, works but... the drivers disk that enables the wheel is a floppy disk, and my floppy DIA, acted possesed, then quit working, aside from the random "cannot access drive A:" message, i guess i will borrow the floppy from the XE783 and install it

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #7 on: August 09, 2006, 02:09:58 PM »
    Or give the floppy to a friend who has a floppy drive and have him e-mail you the contents of the floppy...
    There's more than one way to skin a cat.

patio.   8-)
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

GX1_Man

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2006, 04:28:40 PM »
    Little pitchers have big ears.

Your turn.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner