Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Unable to view files  (Read 2107 times)

easygeeze

Unable to view files
« on: August 09, 2006, 09:56:22 AM »
Help, I’m unable to view any files on my 8cm DVD-RW camcorder disc, I can see them on my PC at home but not on my Medion MD9500 laptop which is where I need to work with them whilst away. I suspect the problem lies with the DVD burner which is a Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-841S but despite searching I’ve come up with nothing can anyone help I’m desperate to have this working for my holidays rather than  taking stacks of DVDs and transferring them when I get back. The Laptop’s running WinHome ver 5.1 build 2600 with SP2 :-?

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Unable to view files
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 12:14:37 PM »
You might search for a firmware update for the drive and see whether that helps.

mcottier

Re: Unable to view files
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 12:29:38 PM »
Yeah, it seems the DVD drive in your laptop can't read those types of discs. Same thing happened to me. You should first look for a driver update for the laptop DVD drive, install it, and if it still doesn't work after that, then you have no choice but to upgrade the laptop drive to a new one that can read those types of discs, if you really want it to work that bad.

Sincerely,
Michael Cottier
http://www.computer-customizing-guide.com/