Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: im back and with a greater puzzle  (Read 5465 times)

mEntAl

im back and with a greater puzzle
« on: August 08, 2006, 07:45:54 AM »
so my old problem was video, vid card was bad, so it gave me an excuse to by a new vid card, mobo, and case.

now on to my problem:
the sound/video Stutters about ever 2-3seconds, VERY noticable. This doesnt only happen in games it happens on the desktop as well.

im runnin a A8N SLI Deluxe
550w PowerSupply
nVidia 7600
socket 939 amd anthlon 3400
80gig WD HDD

im currently runnin onboard audio. Also my HDD and Processor are still the same and have been swapped to the new Motherboard, i had to completely wipe and reinstall windows on the HDD.

if u need to know anything else just let me know.

edit: FYI i have updated my vid and sound drivers and even flashed my bios sucessfully.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 08:01:21 AM by mEntAl »

squirrel

Re: im back and with a greater puzzle
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 10:22:07 AM »
What steps have you taken?? that part was a little vague in your post.

mEntAl

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 07:30:14 PM »
updated video and sound drivers
flashed bios
ran windows defender 2 for spyware/adware
ran norton for viruses
uninstalled and reinstalled video drivers
removed programs, such as WoW, Firefox, programs like that games and stuff.

pretty much it.

gonna go out and take it to my uncle's tomorrow, if he cant find the problem im probably just gonna give it to one of them companies that fixes computers n shiz, im tired of it ive nvr had any luck when it comes to computers (faulty power supplies, bad mobo, bad vid card, and now this.) ive probably spent somewhere in the region of 2300 on my comp, it originally started as 1700, not to mention all the time ive spent on it.  /rant

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 08:02:02 PM »
What make PSU?

mEntAl

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2006, 06:30:47 PM »
What make PSU?

550 Watt ATX 12v Powersupply-ultra x connect 2

well replaced the mobo with a new one and tis working fine now, no graphics or sound stutter.

but...(god *censored*)...
i was dlin an update for wow 1.11 (since i reinstalled it) and well my computer restarts, and right before that is a blue screen that has info on it but flashes so fast i only caught the word DRIVE_. after it restarted windows says there is something wrong with a driver, doesnt say cause it doesnt know ~_~, and because of the faulty driver it stops windows and forces it to restart. this has only happened when dling this 430mb patch.

now i dont know if this is related but stuff i dl, like zips or .exe, comes as corrupted. Like i was trying to dl updates for drivers and utilities from ASUS and all the zips came up corrupted. Now im pretty sure zips from ASUS shouldnt be corrupted. I also dl'ed Real Player, the .exe came up with an error that the decompression failed and said to re-dl again. Now I dl'ed Winamp and it installed fine.

dunno thought i should throw that out there. should i just totally re-install windows...again?

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2006, 06:46:37 PM »
Are we sure the hardware and the build are correct? Is this a legal copy of WIndows? SP2 and all updates?

If it were my headache I would run a Linux Live CD and just test that computer for functionality. If it works OK, you can reinstall Windows.

http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1152393515

Use another machine to download the ISO and burn it as we are not sure yet of the issues with your box.

What about your internet connection? Are you sure you are free of malware?

mEntAl

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2006, 07:06:24 PM »
Are we sure the hardware and the build are correct? Is this a legal copy of WIndows? SP2 and all updates?

What about your internet connection? Are you sure you are free of malware?

the and the build are correct?---ull haev to be more detailed i dont fully understand

Is this a leal copy of Windows? SP2 and all updates?--Legal and SP2, running updates now (all security updates.)

and for my internet connection its fine, and its scanned for malware every 2weeks.

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #7 on: August 12, 2006, 07:06:38 PM »

GX1_Man

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2006, 07:10:59 PM »
    the and the build are correct?---ull haev to be more detailed i dont fully understand

Is it put together correctly with properly functioning components? (I thought that was clear.)

and for my internet connection its fine, and its scanned for malware every 2weeks.

Is it dialup or broadband? What ISP? Scanned every 2 weeks only? With what?

mEntAl

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2006, 07:34:19 PM »
    o, sorry just nvr heard put that way. uhh yeah it should be i took it apart today to go return the mobo for a new one and i put it back together as well (im good with the hardware just not with software)

and its broadband, comcast, and 2 weeks is fine because only 2 ppl in the house use computers. and with Norton, windows defender, spybot, and avg(just cause ive always had it)

GX1_Man

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2006, 07:50:06 PM »
    One antivirus is all you need. Pick one, and remove the other.

Any difference with the new motherboard?

mEntAl

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2006, 07:52:37 PM »
    the only difference is the problem ~_~

GX1_Man

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2006, 07:55:43 PM »
    What is the result after you tried all of the things that were suggested? You did try them, didn't you?  ::)

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #13 on: August 13, 2006, 10:08:24 AM »
    We are back to pullin teeth...

patio.   8-)
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

GX1_Man