Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Really weird keyboard problems  (Read 3207 times)

Mad_Monarch

Really weird keyboard problems
« on: August 08, 2006, 09:25:14 PM »
I'm having some really weird keyboard troubles, My keyboard seem to have it's keys "cross-linked" with other functions.

For example, I have a mute button on my keyboard that mutes all sound via the volume control in the bottom right tray.

For the last couple weeks, it just randomly started one day, my Up arrow now mutes all audio the same way and still moves things up, and same with the mute key, it acts as an up arrow while still muting audio.

I also have a few more media keys, forward, backward, play/pause, volume up and down, and stop.

The Play/pause button acts as my numlock key and vice versa again.

I've reinstalled drivers for the keyboard, but they did nothing. I really don't know what's causing this issue other than a major hardware malfunction. Any ideas?

It's not a big keyboard, just a cheap one that came with an HP computer, Keyboard model :Hewlett Packard SK-2560

Running Windows XP Home Edition.

GX1_Man

Re: Really weird keyboard problems
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 09:40:12 PM »
If uninstalling the drivers didn't fix it try another PS/2 keyboard. If it works fine, you need a new keyboard. Put this misery behind you and get a new one. THey are real cheap.

You can run your virus and spyware scans first, ir you like, but this ismechanical, in the absence of major system changes - hardware or software.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 09:41:15 PM by GX1_Man »