Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: MY PC doesn't start up all the way!?  (Read 2339 times)

jb_1374

MY PC doesn't start up all the way!?
« on: August 25, 2006, 10:48:14 AM »
I turn on my computer, and it starts up, but not fully. MY monitor doesn't display anything and it goes into power save almost right away. A week before, my computer was doing this, but on the screen would pop up the windows starting screen, but it would never actually start. ANd I couldn't shut off my computer, so I would have to unplug it, and then start it and it would work. Now it won't. DOes anyone know what my problem might be? It an Emachine, about 4 or so yrs old.
THanx, Jeff

GX1_Man

Re: MY PC doesn't start up all the way!?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 04:16:55 PM »
I turn on my computer, and it starts up, but not fully. MY monitor doesn't display anything and it goes into power save almost right away. A week before, my computer was doing this, but on the screen would pop up the windows starting screen, but it would never actually start. ANd I couldn't shut off my computer, so I would have to unplug it, and then start it and it would work. Now it won't. [highlight]DOes anyone know what my problem might be? It an Emachine, [/highlight]about 4 or so yrs old.
THanx, Jeff

The question AND the answer.

What happened prior to this? Any electrical surges or storms? Was it in a surge suppressor? What is the history and the makeup of the machine?

Track

Apprentice

Re: MY PC doesn't start up all the way!?
    « Reply #2 on: August 26, 2006, 03:46:18 AM »
    What do u mean "not fully"? Does the PC get to the BIOS screen wich lets u press delete in order to enter settings and then turn off or reboot?
    Or does it go on until the Windows XP loading screen and then right before it should load XP it turns off or reboots?

Does it say anything before it turns off or reboots? What has changed since it worked correctly?
    That's Right, I am a Graphics Card Expert!