Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: can my website hack into my computer  (Read 2908 times)

pepi

can my website hack into my computer
« on: August 10, 2006, 04:01:29 PM »
i have a website set up on an external server, can any program be placed on my website that would then enable it to hack into my computer - i hope this makes sense.

thanks pepi

GX1_Man

Re: can my website hack into my computer
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 05:10:08 PM »
No it does not. Please explain in more depth and with many details about your setup.

A good question usually takes more than one sentence.  ;)

pepi

Re: can my website hack into my computer
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 03:34:40 AM »
i have my website located on an external server with the company having access to my email account as they know my password. can a virus be placed into my website so that when I open it it could scan my computer - however I assume that would mean that any computer that openeed my website would also be scanned. the only reason I am asking is that I received an email on my webmail account that when I had opened the email closed and deleted it and then I reopened it and then I noticed an attached file that was a photo show. This photo slide show at the outset showed a conference table and then individual photo shots of heads, it then showed website pages I had visited and also the photo of an order I had placed over the internet, so was it a viral email that got access through my webmail or could my website have had anything to do with this?

Thanks Pepi