Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: soundcard  (Read 3380 times)

Rickpatbrown

soundcard
« on: September 10, 2004, 12:26:02 PM »
I installed soundblaster audigy a couple of weeks ago. Sometimes it works perfectly, but if I turn off the computer, or restart it, the soundcard goes on the fritz. It sounds like it is going to fast like "electricity", lots of buzzes and high pitched sounds. If I turn off the computer, than it might be better the next time, or it might not. ????

side question-
How much energy does it take to leave a coumputer running 24 hrs/day?

Raptor

Re: soundcard
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2004, 12:53:46 PM »
How much energy does it take to leave a coumputer running 24 hrs/day?

That would depend on how much power all your computer components require. It may differ per PC.

How Stuff Works - How PC Power Supplies Work

Unless your PC requires to be running 24/7, (A server or host, for example)donot bother, it will decrease the life cycle of all your components whilst you are not even using them.

As for your soundcard;

Are you certain it is your soundcard and not the speaker set? Perhaps reinstalling your soundcard drivers helps.

If not, I suggest you return the soundcard to the point of sale and ask for a replacement. Which you should have done much earlier if your problem took place from the moment you had it.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2004, 12:54:05 PM by Raptor »