Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Please help!!  (Read 3803 times)

raygen14

Please help!!
« on: August 30, 2006, 12:37:30 AM »
Im not sure if this is a virus problem or what but Im having some major problems with my laptop. It has been running extremly slow since yesterday for no obvious reason. The internet is fine but any other programs take forever and eventually come up not responding. I ran norton and it worked but only found a few adware problems. I tried to download Ad-Aware se but halfway through the download it wouldnt respond and I had to restart the computer. I also tried to remove some programs hoping to free up some memory and that did the same thing. Now pretty much the only thing I can do is get online but I cant download anything. This started all of the sudden and Ive never had these problems before. If anyone has any suggestions Id really appreciate it! Thanks!

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Please help!!
    « Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 12:45:48 AM »
    If you're running XP try starting in 'safe mode + networking' then....

Online Virus Scan and Spyware Scan
    http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/activescan.htm

Online Malware Scan
    http://www.ewido.net/en/

raygen14

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 03:16:12 AM »
    Ok, I tried that and it found a lot but the performance isnt better.  Im going to try hijack this and hopefully itll find something.  Thanks for your help!

Fed

• Sage
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 04:39:21 AM »
      Post the log when you get it. :)

unlovedwarrior

Guru

• someday this name will be known
        « Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 10:13:35 AM »
        if u can go to a friends computer download and burn the setup files to a cd. then install them on ur comp