Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Just Curious...  (Read 3824 times)

magic_plank

Just Curious...
« on: August 17, 2006, 04:08:17 PM »
Why is it that if I play a game on a dedicated games console, it runs seamlessly. However, If I run a PC copy of that game, it never runs as well, even if it is 5x more powerful?
This isnt a problem, it isnt specific to any machine. Its just how it is,but I want to know why.

Neil

Expert
  • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
    Re: Just Curious...
    « Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 04:54:48 PM »
    Because, quite simply, games consoles are designed to run, well, games. PC's have to have an operating system running at all times in the background, one which has to have, on demand, the capabilities to do a wide variety of tasks, such as word processing, Internet exploring etc. Loading a game does not make these features, which will require system resources in one way or another, go away. On a console, these tasks are not needed, so the console does not need to provide for them.

Another thing you might consider is that consoles can get away with poorer graphics, because of the lower quality of image one gets on a TV screen.

NonMember

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 06:11:15 PM »
    here it  comes... you know dude i wouldn't talk about copy of cd's or smth like that kuz you can go to jail for that... i mean for having or copying a cd... and it's true... we have a friend who is an immigration cop or smth like that... well he gets a lot of money... so i once spoke up about copying a game... he said he could put me to jail... even if i make it just for my own use... so since then i don't make anymore copies... well i never did i tried but it doesn't really work... so just don't do it... it's not good... :P

ZealEmpire

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 07:10:52 PM »
    here it  comes... you know dude i wouldn't talk about copy of cd's or smth like that kuz you can go to jail for that... i mean for having or copying a cd... and it's true... we have a friend who is an immigration cop or smth like that... well he gets a lot of money... so i once spoke up about copying a game... he said he could put me to jail... even if i make it just for my own use... so since then i don't make anymore copies... well i never did i tried but it doesn't really work... so just don't do it... it's not good... :P

He isnt referring to illegal copies of games.  when he says copy he meant the same game but the pc version.  But yeah your average pc gamers rig might not be as fast as an xbox 360.  However the hardcore pc gamer will always have a faster paced rig than any console...the reason being pcs can be modified to great extents performance wise.  My negativity towards consoles is begining to show so I will stop here  ;D

« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 09:14:55 PM by ZealEmpire »