Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: STICKY MOUSE AND CHATTER NOISE  (Read 2287 times)

STICKY_MOUSE

STICKY MOUSE AND CHATTER NOISE
« on: August 17, 2006, 06:58:47 PM »
STICKY MOUSE AND CHATTER NOISE:  I'm using Windows ME, AMD Athlon(tm)Processor, 512.OMB RAM.  While playing on-line poker after about a hour or so my mouse starts stopping and going and the cards they are dealing stop and go and this goes on for a while then all of a sudden a loud chattery noise comes over the speakers like something plugged into a wrong socket. Not long after that the screen goes black and I am logged out of the game and then the screen turns blue with a press any button to continue error, and when I do that the same blue screen error comes up repeatedly so I have to shut the machine down.  After rebooting everything is fine as usual and I go back to the poker game and play for about a hour and the same thing happens.  I have no problems with that particular poker game on my other pc.  I'm stymied, has anybody had the same problem, and if so, what is the answer to fixing it?

pcdoc4christ

Re: STICKY MOUSE AND CHATTER NOISE
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 07:35:45 AM »
There should be a cryptic error code (with several letters and numbers).  When you get the blue screen again, write the error code down and let us know what it is.

STICKY_MOUSE

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 01:23:54 PM »
Well, I found a way to avoid it happening, so the blue screen doesn't come up anymore.  I know it hasn't solved the problem, but I found out if I play my music player in the backgound while on the poker game the problem doesn't arise.  If and when it does happen again I'll write down the code and let you know.  Thanks.  Jim

STICKY_MOUSE

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 01:10:57 AM »
Well, the blue screen came up tonight and the code is OE:0028:C0030AEC.  

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 10:19:42 AM »
    Did a quick check on your error message the the majority of responses suggest a memory problem.  Go here:

http://www.memtest86.com/

and download / run the utility.

Alan <><  :D
    I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!