Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Strange key in WinXP registry keeps crashing reged  (Read 2280 times)

vespera

Strange key in WinXP registry keeps crashing reged
« on: August 21, 2006, 08:02:54 PM »
 :-?  :o
I've recently solved a problem with my WinXP system, because it was constantly restarting, by restoring - extracting the kernel32.dll file from my installation disk through recovery console. The computer is working normally again, but, as I was cleaning some obsolete keys from the registry, to keep it up in good shape, I've discoveder a strange registry key - when I click on it, the "regedit" just stops responding and I have to close the program.
The strange key is listed as:
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Monitorizare"
Right underneath this key is another one  
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\MonitorizarePID" - on this one I can click, but it shows just a bunch of lines with numbers like:
"00000004"=""
"000002EC"=""
"00000330"=""
and so on.
I don't have a clue what this keys could be and to which program are they reffering,  does enybody?
Although my computer works fine now, it's just annoying to know that the "regedit.exe" will hang again if I click on this "Monitorizare" key. Could it be that this is a leftover of some blocked spyware or trojan?
I run BitDefender antivirus, and I didn't have a problem with viruses or trojans for the past couple of years - at least not that I was aware of it.

Thanks for any help.
Vespera

panboy

Adviser

• Its all just a twisted game of cat and mouse
    Re: Strange key in WinXP registry keeps crashing r
    « Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 03:02:25 AM »
    This is what i found on a Google Search, it made little sense to me,

http://www.justiceinitiative.org/db/resource2?res_id=101951

And you know what i do To this that don't make sense to me and are for some reason on my Computer?

I Delete Them Till They don't no make no sense no More.

If ever i find some thing that seems to Be Crashing my Computer at any point , and its not part of the system , I delete it

Wields The Mighty Hammer of Computer Justice

GX1_Man

Re: Strange key in WinXP registry keeps crashing r
    « Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 05:55:13 AM »
    Playing in the registry has caused a lot of heartache. That's why you should ALWAYS back it up first if you plan to be adventurous.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/