Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: motherboard problems  (Read 2486 times)

japsm

motherboard problems
« on: August 18, 2006, 07:21:58 AM »
Hi guys!!
 My problem is, i have a full pc, which when i turn it on it turn, but it does not display at all, i have tried several cpu,memories,screens, psu and hdd but still it does not display. So pls can anyone help me or tell me what to do?

It`s an intel motherboard desktop D845 Series

Dam1an

Re: motherboard problems
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 07:30:34 AM »
Any info on the video card?  That will most likely be the problem.  Are there any system beeps on startup?

japsm

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 07:40:58 AM »
Thanks: It`s an on board vga,i also tried pci and agp vga cards but still nothing is displaying.
On beep sounds, when everything is pluged, there is no beep sound at all(nothing except the lights of power on and hdd, and furthermore i hear a turnning hdd.

japsm

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 07:44:04 AM »
And when i took  out memory, there is a long beep. So i think the m/board is faulty  but how?

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 08:33:02 AM »
And when i took  out memory, there is a long beep. So i think the m/board is faulty  but how?

A continuous string of beeps indicates a memory error.  Reinstall the RAM sticks and turn on the computer.  Let us know how many beeps you get then (the number of beeps indicates what is wrong).

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2006, 10:35:20 AM »
. . .i kinda just said that.

LOL!

Yeah, you beat me to the post.

;D

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2006, 02:03:46 PM »
. . . . . .ur weird mate, really weird....
<----------- Has been called worse!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 02:04:01 PM by pcdoc4christ »

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2006, 02:55:23 PM »
 :P

Nancy_O

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2006, 05:26:49 PM »
Have you made sure all the cables are plugged in from monitor and try reseating your video card to make sure it hasnt become loose.  Then if that doesnt work try another monitor.

zzaio

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2006, 04:55:39 PM »
This is very similar to the problem I had all week.  See post by originiated by zzaio in this section. I still don't know for sure what the problem was, but likely just a bad connection.

I suggest you unplug and reconnect all power connectors to your motherboard.  Also make sure nothing is resting on your motherboard that might be shorting it.

You might also want to test your PS to make sure it is putting out the correct voltages.  (Read your PSU documentation for how to do this- if you have it - otherwise, you might be able to find it online)

Also, make sure your monitor is good.

Good luck!

zzaio

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2006, 12:34:43 PM »
Have you tried testing or replacing your VGA cable?

GX1_Man

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2006, 05:37:57 PM »
Hi guys!!

My problem is, i have a full pc, which when i turn it on it turn, but it does not display at all, i have tried several cpu,memories,screens, psu and hdd but still it does not display. So pls can anyone help me or tell me what to do?

It`s an intel motherboard desktop D845 Series

It`s an on board vga,i also tried pci and agp vga cards but still nothing is displaying.
On beep sounds, when everything is pluged, there is no beep sound at all(nothing except the lights of power on and hdd, and furthermore i hear a turnning hdd.

[highlight]And when i took  out memory, there is a long beep. So i think the m/board is faulty  but how? [/highlight]
Honestly, i have tried almost what i think is best, removed m/board from the chaise, tested it separately, swapped components  and still the m/board turns on but no displays at all,the k/board lights flashes, the Hdd turns on, power led turns on, hdd led turns on,light on the m/board turns on,even the cd-rom and stiffy drives leds turns on.So please do help.

You have done way too much in the wrong fashio to sort this out. You need to simplify and remove ALL of the variables.

Unplug EVERYTHING except the CPU/FAN, the simplest video card you can find and one stick of RAM. Make sure all items are properly seated. Turn on the machine what happens?

If it works, you can try one thing at a time - a hard drive, a CDROM until something produces an error. If the bare system does not boot or puts out beeps, then post that here and we can deal with it.

When someone puts ALL the pieces together and the computer doesn't work it's just too difficult to sort out the problems.

Did this computer ever work? If so, what has happened to this poor machine?