Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: sound card noise  (Read 2285 times)

Mikey357

sound card noise
« on: August 23, 2006, 12:31:01 PM »
Hi there.  I've been having an annoying problem with my sound cards ever since installing either one of them into my new comp.  They emit a popping sound whenever I scroll down a webpage too fast, and also whenever I play a game (at times it gets too irritating to continue playing).  

At first I thought it was the Audigy4 I'd just bought, but switching back to my old audigy2 (a better product in my opinion) only lessened the popping to a semi-tolerable level.  I've read into it a bit, and learned that the problem is because of the card picking up frequencies from other hardware.  It was suggested that I move the card as far away from everything else as possible.  After installing it in the bottom slot, the popping crap is still there.  Any ideas?  Thanks for reading.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: sound card noise
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 02:25:14 PM »
Are you using a wireless optical mouse ? ?

patio.    8-)
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Mikey357

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 07:30:15 AM »
Nope.  I'm thinking there might not be a whole lot i can do.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 02:52:57 PM »
Move any other electronic devices including cordless phones etc. away from the machine...

patio.   8-)

Mikey357

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006, 04:53:22 PM »
That's just it though, i never had this problem before I got my new comp.  The new one sits in the exact same spot on my table that the old one did, and I haven't bought anything else new that would interfere with it (electronics etc).  I got a new Audigy4 but i ended up using the Audigy2 from my old comp.  So it's the same card that worked flawlessly before.

There has to be some way I can insulate the thing to keep it from being an antenna for static...
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 04:54:04 PM by Mikey357 »

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 04:46:50 PM »
The new machine obviously has different components than the old one...try what i suggested.

patio.    8-)