Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: cant get onto the internet  (Read 4200 times)

she

cant get onto the internet
« on: September 30, 2004, 12:45:30 PM »
hi, a friend of mine was on pc the other day, on the internet, everything fine, then a message popped up saying that files were being downloaded from their pc... the pc has anti virus and firewall on it...ever since then the internet is not accessable, it will not connect at all. Is this some sort of virus that has occured do you know? Thanks   :-/

Raptor

Re: cant get onto the internet
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2004, 01:09:32 PM »
Scan for spyware using Adaware SE or Spybot S&D

What was downloaded to your friend his PC?

Does this affect the entire connection or only your browser? Have you checked to see if the (software) Firewall isn't blocking all access?

she

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2004, 01:48:20 PM »
Thanks for this, the message actually said that files were being copied from the pc in question, sorry didnt get the full story, and also, it seems to connect, but the homepage stays blank and wont connect to any site... sorry about that, the person who lm gettin the info off isnt too pc friendly, and nor am l when it comes to technical stuff and viruses though!

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2004, 01:50:34 PM »
Did the Internet connection quit working right after the files were downloaded from his PC?

merlin_2

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2004, 03:59:00 PM »
tell you friend to try this>http://www.wilderssecurity.net/bhblaster.html   and to pinch a phase scan for trojans/bugs/worms>http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/  disconect pc from the net if^ using this^
« Last Edit: September 30, 2004, 04:01:17 PM by merlin_2 »

yeemish

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2004, 08:51:27 PM »
Look in "My Computer" and open up "Internet Options".  Look at the tab that says "Connections".  Make sure that the bullet is placed in the line that says "Always dial my connection" (or something similar)  I think that your problem may be resolved.