Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can I Emulate Another Gampad  (Read 2186 times)

JoeyRoland

Can I Emulate Another Gampad
« on: August 23, 2006, 11:16:25 AM »
[size=8]Hello,

Yesterday, I finally got Madden NFL 07.  In previous installments of the franchise, I have successfully used my PlayStation 2 controller.  After I setup my buttons, I could play flawlessly.  But this year's is different.

After assigning the buttons in the game, the pre-snap controls are still wrong.  Unfortunately, there's no way to correct his - at least within the game.

However, I'm curious to know if there's anyway I can tell my computer that instead of having Gamepad XY, I have Gamepad XX?

Currently, I am using a Xinga USB v2003 PS2 to USB adapter.  I would like to tell the game I have a Logitech Rumblepad 2 USB.

I have successfully gone into my registry and changed the name of my controller.  That does allow for Madden to recognize my controller, (as well as Windows), as a Logitech Rumblepad 2 USB.  But, I'm still unable to change my button mapping.

In other words, instead of having the "X" button on my PS2 be button "3", I'd like to have it as button "2" - like the Logitech.

Is there anyway I can do this?

Thanks for any advice anyone can shed!

Additional Details:
O/S: Windows XP Professional
Actual Controller: Xinga USB v2003, (PS2 to USB Adapter)

* I have no problems whatsoever editing Registry keys - if that makes any difference... :-?

[/size]

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Can I Emulate Another Gampad
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 02:30:41 PM »
I would read the documentation that came with the game...and or travel to the game author's site to see if this is feasible.

patio.   8-)
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

JoeyRoland

Re: Can I Emulate Another Gampad
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 07:07:20 AM »
Hello Patio,

Unfortunately, the game's liste of supported gamepads doesn't include mine.  Actually, it approximately includes only 4-5 devices.  :(

As for EA, in previous installments, when I changed my layout within the game, everything would be modified.  In short, while the specific buttons, (numbers) weren't consistant with the intended layout, the actual layout and feel were the same.  As an example, instead of button "2" being used within the game to select a formation, I would use button "3" because my button 3 was were the button 2 was located on the intended controller, (Logitech Rumplepad 2 USB).

Does that make sense?  I think I'm doing a poor job of explaining it.  :-[

But I was curious to see if I could work within Windows to have my device be recognized as a Logitech Rumplepad 2 USB device and be able to emulate the Logitech's button mapping.

I went into the following registry key and changed the OEM Name of my device to "Logitech Rumblepad 2 USB".

HKEY_Local_Machine
System
Control Set001
Control
Media Properties
Private Properties
Joystick
OEM
{DeviceID for my device}

Now, in the game, my controller is recognized as a logitech.  But, unfortunately, the button mapping is the same.  :-?

Any idea on how I can change the button mapping in the registry - if at all?

Thanks!