Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Printer Will Not Work  (Read 3279 times)

Andrew Ray

Printer Will Not Work
« on: September 12, 2004, 02:26:12 PM »
i don't know if you all followed my processor/windows problem, but guess what? now my printer won't even work, it says "printing started" then it goes up to 99% and just sits there, and at no point was a paper going through my printer, it's just sitting there, this is wonderful, i got a computer and a printer for college and neither is working

merlin_2

Re: Printer Will Not Work
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2004, 02:41:50 PM »
what printer usb/serial.....what make is it..load the software first then attach the hardware......start again...remove the printer from the device manager and re-boot.now shutdown remove the printer from the pc ...unplug it .now load the software then attach the printer with the power on....done..the  reason for this shutdown/restart..is to clear the irqs from the system...

Andrew Ray

Re: Printer Will Not Work
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2004, 03:46:09 PM »
i used the troubleshooter thing, that was a series of questions and like "yes this worked" or "no it didn't" and it goes on to another thing, ironically i fixed it by uninstalling and reinstalling the software for the printer, which wasn't one of the suggestions in the troubleshooter... oh well, i guess my crappy computer just screwed up the software.