Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Weird error message when I double click on clock  (Read 2762 times)

JT34236

Weird error message when I double click on clock
« on: August 25, 2006, 09:23:41 PM »
When I double click on the clock on the right hand corner of the screen, it shows an error message that says "another program is currently using this file".  The window that it comes up in is labeled "Control Panel" which makes it even weirder.  I ran my Norton VirusScan and my Spyware Program (TrenMicro).  I ran them in safe mode also just to be safe.  I did my updates on both before doing the scans also.  What is the deal with this error message??  I'm worried that I have some sort of spyware or virus that the scans just aren't picking up.  Any suggestions??  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank You!

Jason T.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Weird error message when I double click on clo
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 10:14:29 PM »
Somehow your file associations have fgotten wonked... don't panic. Insert your shiny MS XP CD and re-boot, Go to Start/ Run / Command / and type " sfc /scannow " without the quotes ... let it finish, re-boot and you should be good to go...

patio.     8-)
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "