Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: NEED HELP WITH VIDEO CARD  (Read 4626 times)

vitaliy

NEED HELP WITH VIDEO CARD
« on: August 23, 2006, 10:57:12 PM »
hey i have a onboard video card and the cpu is a sony vaio with 256 mb opf ram and my question is that is their any driver programs that i can install on my computer that it can my video card better so i wont have to buy a new one? :)
proccesor: 2.67 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
video card:Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller
model number is: PCV-RS410
p.s trust me i dont know what to do so can you please help me out?
so tell me should i buy a new  PCI video card or stay? :-? [smiley=dankk2.gif]
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 10:58:28 PM by vitaliy »

GX1_Man

Re: NEED HELP WITH VIDEO CARD
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 04:16:30 AM »
It appears that model has PCI expansion slots only, so PCI is the only video upgrade option. It will never be a super gaming machine. What are you trying to accomplish?

Maybe investing in a legal copy of Windows for that machine would help the problem?

vitaliy

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 12:13:22 PM »
well my windows is legal copy :) and i want to turn it into a gaming machine but not a buy a new pc cause i dont have enought money for that right now

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 04:12:12 PM »
well my windows is [highlight]legal copy [/highlight]:) and i want to turn it into a gaming machine but not a buy a new pc cause i dont have enought money for that right now

Didn't those disks come with a Gateway?

vitaliy

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006, 07:50:19 PM »
MY LAPTOP SO IT IS MY CD SO ITS LEGAL I DID NOT BURN IT OR DOWNLOAD IT FROM THE INTERNET LIKE SOME PEOPLE DO :D

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2006, 08:31:34 PM »
Is it still loaded on the laptop? I think that is what makes it legal or not, as well as the OEM license.  ;)

vitaliy

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2006, 11:39:43 PM »
what do you mean loaded on the laptop???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :-? ;D

GX1_Man

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2006, 04:36:14 AM »
MY LAPTOP SO IT IS MY CD SO ITS LEGAL I DID NOT BURN IT OR DOWNLOAD IT FROM THE INTERNET LIKE SOME PEOPLE DO :D

Didn't you say it was already loaded on the laptop?

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2006, 11:18:15 AM »
Are you actually saying."I have a desktop like the one at below website?

Can I illegally use my laptop XP on the desktop without license for desktop?

My wife has a computer ie...desktop with the same onboard graphics .
the best PCI card you can get may help some but.......You PSU may not take the strain. ;D :-? :-? :-?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000CEYXL/102-5612944-7605721?v=glance&n=541966
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.