Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Video card missing component  (Read 2156 times)

mechai34

Video card missing component
« on: August 30, 2006, 04:36:56 PM »
This is a strange and unusual question about a video card. I hope someone can help me out.
I had purchased a PNY Verto GeForce 6800GT AGP Vid. card second hand. This card worked excelent when I put it in. I had to replace my mobo due to a lightning strike. I was checking over my vid card and  upon close inspection of my vid card one of the capacitors was loose. This was an easy fix. The problem is that in transport of the card from one place to another this capacitor had fallen off and is lost. I have contacted tech support from PNY to assist me in locating a new capacitor for this board but they cited liability issues and would not help me out. I need to locate the capacitor in question and get a new one. This capacitor is located on the upper right hand side of the board and has a location designation of c112. This is the only thing wrong with the vid.  board. All components attached to the mobo were ok and still function perfectly.  :-?

GX1_Man

Re: Video card missing component
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 05:06:15 PM »
Really it's time for a new card.

mechai34

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 06:21:24 AM »
Thats not realy an option at this time. Maybe someone can give me some real information on this card either they have one to look at or know someone who has one to see the markings on the component would help at this point.  

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 08:50:28 AM »
I suggest you try a Google search on capacitor for video card or similar terminology.