Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can send but I can't receive files over network  (Read 2912 times)

X550

Can send but I can't receive files over network
« on: September 03, 2006, 07:58:14 AM »
I got a weird problem everything used to work fine some time ago but now when i try to receive files from the other computer in the network gives me some ETA like 1 hour for a 100mb file either PC freezees when I'm trying to give some file to the PC everything is working normal i really don't know what's the problem i hope someone knows the salvation ..

Thank you

Maksim

Hopeful
    Re: Can send but I can't receive files over networ
    « Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 06:32:54 PM »
    Try Resetting the IP Adresses of all of the computers and if you have a rotuer reset the router too..
    P.S. I would try Pinging the computers.. HAVE A READ on most common network problems and how to resolve them http://www.onecomputerguy.com/networking/trouble.htm
    « Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 06:38:29 PM by Maksim »

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Can send but I can't receive files over networ
    « Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 07:01:32 PM »
    More info definitely needed.  What OS are the computers running?  How are they networked?  Have you changed any network settings before this problem started?  How you transferred files that large in the past?  How long did it take?  What does ETA mean?