Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ASUS A8V motherboard delayed starting.  (Read 2168 times)

shantigohil

ASUS A8V motherboard delayed starting.
« on: September 05, 2006, 12:59:56 AM »
My mobo is aa ASUS A8V,Cpu AMD 3200,2024 Ram.winxp pro.I have just replaced my faulty mobo with another brand new..Also brand new processor.Now it runs ok but one little niggling problem.I wonder if anybody could help me.Strange problem.
When i start my PC 1st time after reconnecting to the MAINS,nothing seems to happen for 45secs.and then the system start and its works ok.As long as i do not disconnect the pc from the mains it starts instantly.But as soon as i disconnect it from mains forwhatever reason it has a 45 secs delay.

Thanks

shantigohil

GX1_Man

Re: ASUS A8V motherboard delayed starting.
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 04:13:11 AM »
What is the make, size and history of the power supply and what happened to the last motherboard?

shantigohil

Re: ASUS A8V motherboard delayed starting.
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 04:22:53 AM »
Power supply is ENCER ATX 400w.It runs fine,as it always has been and
the last mobo was ASUS A8v Deluxe  is on its way to reseller because it came up with POST audio message "Sys Failed CPU test" after which i replaced the CPU but still error message so the next suspect was mobo,so i got a similar mobo as to retain all mobo drivers and and replaced mobo with ASUS A8V without DELUXE and bingo everything works except this minor delayed problem.So it proved that there was something wrong with mobo.

thanks

shantigohil