Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Microsoft Publisher Page Numbers  (Read 2746 times)

JustTheTone

Microsoft Publisher Page Numbers
« on: September 08, 2006, 08:15:05 AM »
I have my master pages set up to put page numbers on all the pages of my
publication. However, after the 9th page the numbers stop. They are still set
up on Master Page A and Master Page B but they do not appear on any
subsequent page after page 9. Does anyone know how to fix this?

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Microsoft Publisher Page Numbers
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 08:36:41 AM »
I'm not very familiar with Publisher but I know it can be used for many types of publications.  I think it might help if you state what type you're talking about.

JustTheTone

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 08:46:38 AM »
I am creating a new Parts Price List for my company. It's was just a blank full page publication for print. Hope that helps because I don't know ANYthing about Publisher except what I have managed to teach myself over the last few days.

soybean

Genius
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 09:02:26 AM »
I honestly haven't used Publisher enough to be able to advise on using Publisher this way.  I've used it some for business cards and a little for greeting cards.  That's about it.  Hopefully, someone who is more familiar with it will come along.

I do wonder why you're using Publisher for this purpose.  If you have Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Access are all potential applications for this, depending on which you're most familiar with.  Actually, a parts list suggests a database application, which would be Access.  Excel could also be used and would allow sorting on part number or other fields.  

JustTheTone

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 09:07:28 AM »
Sorry to have confused you. The Parts Price List is a publication that we print in house and send to our customers. We have our Catalogs and General Price List professionally done, but we do the parts price list in house, designed, printed, bound....everything.

soybean

Genius
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2006, 09:26:50 AM »
It still sounds rather cumbersome to me.  Word, Excel, and Access all allow a lot of formatting for printed publications.  What features are you using in Publisher that make it the preferred application for this purpose?  Borders around each page, corporate logo at the top of the page, etc.?  

How do you get the parts price data into Publisher?  Copy and Paste?  From what?

Is the final publication on 8 1/2 x 11 paper or something else?  How is it "bound"?

JustTheTone

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2006, 10:19:58 AM »
Copy and paste from Excel spreadsheets. It's being done this way because that's how it's "always been done" this company doesn't allow for a whole lot of innovation, or independant thinking for that matter. I'm using Publisher because that's the way they've always done it.

The final publication is 8.5"x11" and it's bound with the little plastic circle things that use the binding machine thingy (like my termanolgy?) that's all I can tell you about it.

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2006, 10:26:41 AM »
Sounds like a fault with Publisher.  What version are you using?

I agree absolutely with soybean by the way.  You might find using Word is easier and produces better results.
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos