Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: "Ghost" SCSI/RAID dvr prevents W2K Pro "Standby"  (Read 2886 times)

Warthog

"Ghost" SCSI/RAID dvr prevents W2K Pro "Standby"
« on: September 08, 2006, 02:19:31 PM »
In Windows 2000 Pro, Service Pack 4, an error message states “The Driver for SCSI/RAID Host Controller is preventing computer from entering standby. Close application & retry. If problem persists, update driver.” Microsoft knowledge base suggests uninstalling said driver and installing an updated driver.

My problem is that I have installed only an Ultra2 Wide Adaptec SCSI Host controller which shows up in the Device Manager along with a ghost “SCSI/RAID” controller. I say ghost because the Device Mgr. states “ No driver has been installed” for the SCSI RAID controller. Further, when I uninstall this Ghost SCSI/RAID device, it reappears immediately upon rebooting! How can I get rid of this Ghost SCSI/RAID device? :-?

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: "Ghost" SCSI/RAID dvr prevents W2K Pro "Standb
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 07:41:44 AM »
Disable it in your BIOS...then re-boot and remove it via Control Panel/System/Hardware/Device Manager.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Warthog

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 08:40:57 PM »
Patio,
Since I have no BOOTABLE SCSI drive connected to the HBA, the SCSI BIOS is automatically disabled and the Mainboard POST BIOS does not show any SCSI/RAID device other than the Adaptec 2940UW SCSI OEM PCI adaptor. Also, the "Ghost" SCSI/RAID Device appears/reappears in the Device Manager even after I uninstall the 2940UW, which then no longer appears in the Device Mgr (or the Main POST BIOS).

Warthog

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 08:04:16 AM »
Search that HDD for an installation of Ghost and remove it. This is a HDD disk imaging program.

patio.   8-)
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "