Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Please help with Norton Ghost  (Read 1902 times)

Crafty

Please help with Norton Ghost
« on: September 11, 2006, 12:06:34 PM »
Hello

I really hope someone can help me out here, if not i have lost all the things i want on my hard drive. I have a ghost image of my windows hard drive, on another hard drive. I bought a new drive installed windows xp on it and now for some reason when i goto try and ghost the image to the new drive the folder shows as empty. But i know it is there any help would be very good. Also when im in windows and click on the other drive i see Ghost image folders that i already deleted long ago.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 12:07:39 PM by Crafty »

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Please help with Norton Ghost
    « Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 05:32:34 PM »
    "I have a ghost image of my windows hard drive, on another hard drive."

Can you reinstall your drive that has the image, reimage it (with a different name so as to be able to identify it from the others...like todays date), then put your new drive in and recover the new image from the old drive?

Are you SURE you put the image in the same place as the others?  Have you done a 'search' for all the images on that drive?

I'm not familiar with Ghost but thougt a few provocative questions might help  ;)

Alan <><  :D

I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

timberwolf

Re: Please help with Norton Ghost
    « Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 05:56:00 AM »
    It's been a while since I worked with ghost.   That out of the way... "I bought a new drive installed windows xp on it..." What version are you using?  With ghost one just copied over a ghost image from your "storage" hard drive to a new formatted one without an operating system after booting off of a ghost floppy.  

As far as recovery utilities go, do you still have the original hard drive?  If so, may I direct you to the following:

NTFS Reader
    http://www.ntfs.com/products.htm

There's also Knoppix.  A good example of using it for recovery can be found:
    http://www.shockfamily.net/cedric/knoppix/

« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 05:59:06 AM by timberwolf »