Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: 3d Card  (Read 1764 times)

Taz_Shahid

3d Card
« on: September 12, 2006, 02:22:13 AM »
got a 3d card. installed it i used to have a sis graphics card (i uninstalled that by going in device manager) when i put the new 3d card in the agp slot (which before had nothing) and tried to boot my computer the screen stays blank and the computer starts beeping (i think at the bios stage) i also cahnged the bios settings to Primary grpahics adapter to AGP onbord and  still doesnt boot up .... dono waht it can be. When i take the card out the pc boots up fine

im sure that the card is compatible to the motherboard...

i would give you moer information about my system but i dont know to much about computers.

this is my friends acc and he offered to let me use the acc.

Neil

Expert
  • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
    Re: 3d Card
    « Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 05:50:15 AM »
    If this is a high end AGP card it might require extra power. First of all make sure the wattage of your power supply is sufficient. Secondly check the card's manual - sometimes you need to put an extra power wire into the card. I'd try this card on another computer if you can.

GX1_Man

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 08:03:10 PM »
    I wonder what an ACC is?

Open the case and look at the power supply and tell us the make and wattage. Is this a Dell, HP, etc or a home grown?

See below.

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 08:03:43 PM »
    I wonder what an ACC is?

Open the case and look at the power supply and tell us the make and wattage. Is this a Dell, HP, etc or a home grown?

See below. Details get better answers.