Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Unable to remove software program  (Read 2091 times)

fsuwolf

Topic Starter

Rookie
    Unable to remove software program
    « on: September 14, 2006, 05:00:42 PM »
    I downloaded the adobe photoshop trial version to give it a try. After the 30 days were up I went under ADD OR REMOVE PROGRAMS  and click on the adobe photoshop to remove it. I kept on getting "program not responding" so instead of removing I clicked on repair. The software program ran and finsihed with "adobe software has been repaired". I then tried to remove it the next day and up pops the install window telling me adobe photoshop is preparing your files for install.  Then it installs it. Everytime I click on remove it tries to install the program, I do not get the window asking me to remove or repair. Is there a back door way to remove adobe photoshop from the computer. I have successfully removed other programs on the computer so I know it must be problem with photoshop.

thanks

GX1_Man

Re: Unable to remove software program
    « Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 05:18:00 PM »
    Do you have the original source file to reinstall the whole thing and THEN uninstall it? SOmetimes this works.

Sometimes an OS reinstall is required to get rid of it.

Can you try a system restore to a point before the botched uninstall and then start over?

fsuwolf

Topic Starter

Rookie
      Re: Unable to remove software program
      « Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 06:55:35 AM »
      I did the reinstall and also did the system restore. No luck on either one.