Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Creative sound blaster live 5.1 problem  (Read 3989 times)

HelpMePlease

Creative sound blaster live 5.1 problem
« on: September 14, 2004, 10:17:11 PM »
hi, i'm new here.. maybe someone good with sound card installation can help me. I just got a new sound card as such, i replaced it with a regular creative sound blaster card. I plugged it in and did a full install of all programs on the installation disk, but i cannot get any sound to play out of my speakers, 1 problem i thought of was the speakers im using are not 5.1 digital and just regular ones, but i checked the sight and it doesn't mention anything about having creative or digital speakers to hear sound from.

I also meet the minium requirements! I installed the vxd drivers and uninstalled wdm drivers as suggested in the manual...to no avail. This sound card has 5 inputs rather than the one i took out has 4 for good reasons...duh i know... i tried playing a song while switching the plug in each input, now i have it in the green slot which is Front out (line_out1) still not working anyone whith a sound blaster card or who has experienced any complication installing sound cards or basically the software, can help i would appreciate it alot.

Regards, jay

p.s... I have tried this: "control panel" / "sounds , speech and audio devices" / "audioHQ" "control panel" / "other control panel options" / "audioHQ" and went to "speaker" made sure "only digital" "volume mute" and "wave/mp3 mute" aren't checked and selected my speakers.

I have a screen shot of what it looked like before to help it plays audio only through the mic and when i do the test and the keyboard piano thing plays sound through my speakers, but it will not play audio through when i click my music files or movies i am soooo stumped can anyone please suggest something...possibly a solution?  thanx

Raptor

Re: Creative sound blaster live 5.1 problem
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2004, 12:05:22 AM »
i would go over all your settings again. If all seems well, reinstall your drivers. Get updated ones from Creative.

HelpMePlease

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2004, 12:22:06 AM »
i finally figured it out, i was having a problem reinstalling the audio drivers, but i went ahead and manually went into the windows sysem deleted the neccessary sound drivers uninstalled all drivers "once again" and restarted and reinstalled and low and behold i got sound again and from music so that rocks, thanks for the reply  ;D

I 'm having problem with my printer so i'll be posting a topic on it hopefully you can help me and it doesn't seem to be related to any other topics i've read RE: printers.

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2004, 12:24:24 AM »
I think I am one of the few people who's had a PC all their live but never really had a printer. ;)

HelpMePlease

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2004, 12:27:14 AM »
I see what your getting at, maybe merlin could help  ??? he seems a little printer savvy, but hey thanks again though, this sight inspired me to try and get the sound card working again, after all the other times failed, so thanks computerhope.com.

sy

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2004, 08:32:36 AM »
tried to install sound card but message keeps telling me it no soundblaster detected