Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't Turn Off My DSL Anymore ?  (Read 3558 times)

drsletmedown

Can't Turn Off My DSL Anymore ?
« on: September 15, 2006, 08:38:43 AM »
For some reason I can't turn my DSL off anymore ?  Any suggestions ?  I get this evertime I try & disable it.

Error Disabling Connection
It is not possible to disable the connection at this time. This connection may be using one or more protocols that do not support Plug-and-Play, or it may have been initiated by another user or the system account.

I have a custom built P4-3gig-1gig ram, 300mb h.d.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Can't Turn Off My DSL Anymore ?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 09:57:38 AM »
Why are you going about it this way ? ?

If you want the DSL off there's a power switch on the back of the modem...

If not un-plug it.

patio.    8-)
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

drsletmedown

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 02:32:27 PM »
It was the easiest way to me.
Just enable & disable.
I was just curious as to what made that option not work anymore ?

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 05:19:14 PM »
    I made a couple of batch files for my wifes machine so that all she has to do is double-click "Internet_Off" and "Internet_On".  That way she doesn't have to fuss with turning off the modem, which is in my office anyway  ;D ;D ;D

Alan <><  :D
    I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

Demache

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 08:41:53 PM »
    ...built P4-3gig-1gig ram, [highlight]300mb h.d.[/highlight]

:o Is that supposed to make any sense? My 12 year old LAPTOP has more hard drive space then that! You must (hopefully) mean 300[highlight]GB[/highlight] H.D. When you list system specs its ESPECIALLY important to get the numbers and letters right. Also what does 3gig-1gig ram supposed to mean?

Anyhow back to the subject, why would you want to turn off your DSL anyhow? Whats wrong with leaving it on? When turn off your comp it disconnects automatically. Unless for some other reason the setting were messed with but still thats a whole different story. Is it really that important or are just curious?  ::)

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 10:01:41 PM »
    ...built P4-3gig-1gig ram, [highlight]300mb h.d.[/highlight]

:o Is that supposed to make any sense? My 12 year old LAPTOP has more hard drive space then that! You must (hopefully) mean 300[highlight]GB[/highlight] H.D. When you list system specs its ESPECIALLY important to get the numbers and letters right. Also what does 3gig-1gig ram supposed to mean?

Anyhow back to the subject, why would you want to turn off your DSL anyhow? Whats wrong with leaving it on? When turn off your comp it disconnects automatically. Unless for some other reason the setting were messed with but still thats a whole different story. Is it really that important or are just curious?  ::)

Settle down Son...this is a Help Forum...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "