Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer Doesnt Save!!!!  (Read 2669 times)

Shanks

Computer Doesnt Save!!!!
« on: September 15, 2006, 05:40:00 PM »
ok so like i got windowsXP media center edition and for the past 2 days everything that installs on my computer( example spydoctor updates, mcafee updates, and automatic windows updates) doesnt save. Everytime i install it and click "turn off computer and install new updates" it restarts and the same update for EVERYTHING pops up again saying that its not installed to reinstall. I tryed everything from checking for spyware to viruses but cant find anything. The update for windows thats its trying to install is:

Update for windows XP (kb920872) : "This is a reliability update for Windows XP machines. Install this audio component update to prevent memory corruption issues which may cause an unstable state on a computer that is running Windows XP Service Pack 2. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer."

thats what it says and everytime i restart it asks me to install that along with every other update....

Some help please its getting really anoying and im starting to get worried >__>

Thanks in advance <3

GX1_Man

Re: Computer Doesnt Save!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 07:19:13 PM »
How about some details like free space on drives, malware protection being used, do you have automatic updates turned on, is this a legal Windows installation, etc.

Have you tried clearing out caches, etc?

www.ccleaner.com for a thorough cleaning.

Demache

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 08:15:28 PM »
Don't click turn off and install updates. Wait for the updates to install! Patience is a virtue! Although i'm a tad bit clueless about your problem here. Just a hint.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 10:05:10 PM »
Don't click turn off and install updates. Wait for the updates to install! Patience is a virtue! Although i'm a tad bit clueless about your problem here. Just a hint.

Stop please will ya ? ?
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "