Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wav Files  (Read 1809 times)

jslwriter

Wav Files
« on: September 19, 2006, 07:35:51 AM »
Each time someone sends me a .wav file, I cannot open it because it says my computer is low on memory, but it is not.  How do I fix this?  Please email me at [email protected].  Thanks so much!

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Wav Files
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 09:46:08 AM »
How much memory does your computer have?  Your OS?  What software do you use to play .WAV files?  With that softare, can you play music from CDs?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 09:47:57 AM by soybean »

lil_falco

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 09:50:33 AM »
Clean up your C drive.

If you have partitioned one drive or you have two drives there should be a C and a D drive. D should be bigger and should have all programs placed in it. C should be reserved for windows files.

IF this is the case then simply remove applications from C and install them on D, this will give your computer more RAM to use for proccesses.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 10:36:06 AM »
Ummm ..., lil_falco, moving applications from C to D - a notion which is entirely speculative here, since we have no indication he has a partitioned single HD or two HDs - is not going to give his computer "more RAM to use for proccesses."  Under such a configuration (i.e. C+D), it could solve a problem of cramped space on C slowing things down, but that's a separate issue from RAM.  However much RAM he has installed is what he has, period.  

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 12:58:59 PM »
Clean up your C drive.

If you have partitioned one drive or you have two drives there should be a C and a D drive. D should be bigger and should have all programs placed in it. C should be reserved for windows files.

IF this is the case then simply remove applications from C and install them on D, this will give your computer more RAM to use for proccesses.
I seriously recommend that anyone reading this ignores anything after the first sentence.  (But thanks for trying...)
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 01:00:18 PM »
Clean up your C drive.

I seriously recommend that anyone reading this ignores anything after the first sentence.  (But thanks for trying...)

;D