Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: IE opens web page which disappears  (Read 3290 times)

lakuku00

IE opens web page which disappears
« on: September 21, 2006, 06:34:30 PM »
I just had cable hi-speed installed, suddenly my web pages disappeared. When I click my IE icon the default web page (MSN, changed it but still not working) comes up but then dissappears before it fully opens. TO access internet I have to open windows explorer then type in web address. But I try clicking a link to open another web page it says exec error and program must be restarted, and it creates.  I tried doing search for error log on my computer but did not know which error log (cos there were many related to this issue so that i can put it up for to get help pls advise anyone

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: IE opens web page which disappears
    « Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 10:09:18 PM »
    Need...more...info...gasp  :P

Operating system / antivirus / antispyware setup

Have you tried repairing IE?

Alan <><  :D
    I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

Tadracket

Re: IE opens web page which disappears
    « Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 08:27:25 AM »
    To add to this:
    My brother works for a major cable provider here in coastal North Carolina. They also provide high speed broad band service. They had over 5,000 calls like this last Thursday and over 2,000 on Friday. I work for the local community college here in the IT department. We have not seen this problem yet but my boss was at his home Thursday night when his browser did the same thing. He is with a different provider. I searched everywhere and can't find anything on this. My brothers company said it is not their problem (don't blame them there) so they don't care what happened and have no plans to investigate it. I told my boss to use FireFox but am curious as to why this is happening. Any thoughts. Obviously, I cannot supply any specs but with almost 8,000 computers affected, I assume specs are not that important. Looks like this is an across the board thing. I know my boss has the latest and greatest in hardware as well as virus, adware, spyware, malware protection. Any thoughts?

Looks like Cookie posted a similar issue on the 22nd also. I think this has less to do with spyware or adware and more to do with a virus or exploit. My 2.
    « Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 08:46:27 AM by Tadracket »