Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Legend Of Mir Problem - Help  (Read 9628 times)

Taz_Shahid

Legend Of Mir Problem - Help
« on: September 23, 2006, 05:27:00 PM »
hey guys,

basically am a computer gaming freak lol. i love my cpu games and legendofmir is a game which i am quite attached to.

i have played several other games and i have had no problems with it so far... however, this is a legendofmir private server which has been running for some time now (good few years).

basically, my game wont run smoothly, its like am getting little lag spikes which wont let me attack full attack speed, no1 else seems to have this problem. my computer specifications meet the games, they are alot better. i just dont get why it wont run smoothly.

those are my cpu specs. someone must be able to help me  :'(

Raptor

Re: Legend Of Mir Problem - Help
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 05:31:27 PM »
however, this is a legendofmir private server which has been running for some time now (good few years).

You're hosting a non-dedicated server on the same system you play on?

No wonder you're laggy, then.

What type of connection do you have?

those are my cpu specs.

You should really stop calling your PC "CPU" because it's not just a central processing unit. Neither are the specifications you showed us those of the CPU and games aren't called "CPU games" but simply PC games.  :P
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 05:33:04 PM by Raptor »

Taz_Shahid

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 06:04:09 PM »
no am not hosting it, its a private server, i just play it.

the server itself is not laggy.

www.thelegendofmir.com - is the website for the game.

i am tryin to upload a video which clearly shows my problem, but uploads taking ages.

Taz_Shahid

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 06:15:41 PM »
i wil post the link to the video file and you will see what i mean as its really clear.

but thats as soon as its done -.-

homer

Expert
    « Reply #4 on: September 24, 2006, 02:55:19 AM »
    try running ccleaner, you can download it from here.

it pretty much just cleans your pc of junk and it works really well. :)

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2006, 04:56:41 AM »
    You're not uploading or downloading anything while playing, right?

I don't need to see a video, I only need to know your full system specifications, the requirements of the game and if your computer is clean.

Taz_Shahid

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2006, 05:19:26 AM »
    i hope that attachment can help a little more :S i am not the best with cpu's, i only know how to play games lol.

Minimum Requirements for p69:

Window 9x or ME, Windows NT 4, Windows 2000, Celeron 300, 64 MB RAM, 2 MB Video Card, Direct Sound compatible card, Mouse Microsoft compatible, DirectX 3.0 or newer, 56k Modem.

Neil

Expert
    • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
      « Reply #7 on: September 24, 2006, 07:44:27 AM »
      I'm pretty sure your computer spec is not the problem (though a LE with 512mb is questionable). What types of connection do these others who use the server have? Where do you live? What country do you live in and where is the server located? Try another server?
      « Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 07:44:51 AM by Neil »

Taz_Shahid

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2006, 08:00:33 AM »
      I'm pretty sure your computer spec is not the problem (though a LE with 512mb is questionable). What types of connection do these others who use the server have? Where do you live? What country do you live in and where is the server located? Try another server?

thats just it tho, i no ppl who have worse pc's, alot worse than mine lol. who play this game and who dont have a single problem with it. its jst mine which is the stupid part of it all.

the server is located in the south of england, which shouldnt even be a problem as my friends who live near by dont have a problem like mine. its just me.  i live in newcastle, and i know people who play this game from canada and they dont have a problem like mine...

i have played other servers and they run fine, its just this one, there is something which makes my game run slowwly and i dont know what. i even bought a new pc and the same problem occurs ( i didnt buy a new pc for this reason, i bought it because my other 1 had many problems with it lol)
      « Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 08:01:33 AM by Taz_Shahid »

Neil

Expert
      • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
        « Reply #9 on: September 24, 2006, 08:15:32 AM »
        You haven't told us your connection type and speed. That seems to be the problem.

Taz_Shahid

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2006, 08:46:34 AM »
        You haven't told us your connection type and speed. That seems to be the problem.

im on broadband, 2 meg atm, using wireless. bt broadband.

Raptor

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2006, 09:39:20 AM »
        Maybe some ingame settings are slowing you down since it doesn't happen to other games and you're on broadband..

Tr reinstalling or reconfiguring the game? Or you might want to try forwarding the ports on your router for this game to work, if you have one.

Taz_Shahid

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2006, 09:46:58 AM »
        http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=3701269116504098599

that clearly shows my problem
        its liek my game just gets stuck
        « Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 09:48:08 AM by Taz_Shahid »

chriscool9

Apprentice

• Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #13 on: September 24, 2006, 02:37:00 PM »
          That lookd pretty darn smooth to me!!!
          Are you talking about the guy walking or the guy hitting something in the background?!

Chris

99 Problems and London's one of them

Raptor

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2006, 02:53:33 PM »
          That lookd pretty darn smooth to me!!!
          Are you talking about the guy walking or the guy hitting something in the background?!

Chris

Looks smooth to me as well.

If you ask me, it's just a bad looking game that doesn't use a lot of frames for character action because they're sprites and not 3D models.