Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Graphic Card Lags! NeeD Help!! =(  (Read 2952 times)

eric_n_a

Graphic Card Lags! NeeD Help!! =(
« on: September 23, 2006, 07:22:24 PM »
Hye, These are my comp specs.
Pentium 4 3.0Ghz,
1Gb of RAM,
Graphic Card(256MB) ATI Radeon 9600PRO,
400w PSU,
Monitor Samsung SyncMaster795MB 17''
Processor Colling system: cooler master with a fan running at max 3660rpm at all time when it is suppose to be according to the comp temp.

Problem:- To the point, im a gammer. And I was never dissapointed with the graphic card i had until that very day. I play online games eg O2jam and now SDO which requires really really low requirements. The problem is, everything lags when i run 3d applications. It dosent lag when i run 3d apps on low detail. but it laggs on an online game like o2jam and sdo at high tex? I installed PC Alert4 and according to it, voltage isnt enough? question is.. is this the reason for me experiencing this lags? My friend had same spec with Geforce FX5200 and he dosent even lag.. its impossible for a geforce fx5200 to be better than an ati radeon 9600pro ...or my gr card is faulty? .. need help..thx

sealbee

Re: Graphic Card Lags! NeeD Help!! =(
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 11:02:34 PM »
What brand is your PS? A good brand, say Antec, 450 or 500 watt should help. I'm not an online gamer but it looks like your ram should be enough.

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 04:39:21 AM »
Try a stress program such as Winstress or Prime95.

eric_n_a

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2006, 02:16:16 PM »
sealbel i am using a cheap PS and i tried my friends 450W PS but the computer only runs when my SATA HardDisk is not connected.. If it is connected then the computer starts and immediately switches off after 2-3 secs. What does it means? and one more thing, if i bought a 500w PSU, will my graphic lagness problem be solved? Thank you

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2006, 06:57:56 PM »
A cheap 500 w PSU is about as effective as a cheap 350 w. There is no sense in sacrificing good components for an inferior PSU. Most people don't realize how important that is to any system. If you don't spend at least $50 it is definitely a low end PSU. ;)

sealbee

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2006, 09:54:22 PM »
Yeah,
what GX1_Man said.
My card had a lot of lag when playing some games. I upgraded to a Antec 400w, (left over from my old computer) and solved most of my problems. I think a larger PSU would have taken care of all of them. When this one goes I'll get a bigger one.

eric_n_a

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2006, 07:20:10 AM »
Guys thanks alot. Ill give it a try..ill head downtown this weekend. anyway.. any other recomendations on helping my com run on its fullest potential? and besides Antec what other recommended PSU brands should i get?
thx =)

Raptor

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2006, 10:37:55 AM »
I am very fond of Zalman because they build silent Power Supply Units. They get good reviews and are of very decent quality.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 10:38:16 AM by Raptor »

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2006, 01:57:39 PM »
PC power and cooling sell top of the line models also...

My new one is a Zalman 550.  Needless to say i'm real happy with it.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

eric_n_a

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2006, 02:41:08 PM »
PC power and cooling sell top of the line models also...

My new one is a Zalman 550.  Needless to say i'm real happy with it.

Oh I didn't know that! How much did your Zalman 550 cost ? and the other brands? =)

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2006, 02:46:16 PM »
Visit the site...i can't tell you what it cost me due to the Patriot act...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Raptor

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2006, 03:11:15 PM »
Why's that, Patio?

I paid € 89,- for my Zalman ZM460B-APS (ATX2.2)

Which would be converted to $ 113.404.-

I allready own a ZM400B-APS ( ATX12V ver 1.3) but I have an ATX 2.2 mainboard and I recently heard that using a 20 pins PSU with a 24 pins connector (Without using a converter) might damage your components. So I figured I'd play it safe and order a new PSU since I also thought the +12.0V rail was a bit low . 11.58V, although it increases under stress and is still within acceptable levels according to the PSU's specs so I'm not too worried about that.  :)

lil_falco

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2006, 02:56:31 PM »
Hye, These are my comp specs.
Pentium 4 3.0Ghz,
1Gb of RAM,
Graphic Card(256MB) ATI Radeon 9600PRO,
400w PSU,
Monitor Samsung SyncMaster795MB 17''
Processor Colling system: cooler master with a fan running at max 3660rpm at all time when it is suppose to be according to the comp temp.

Problem:- To the point, im a gammer. And I was never dissapointed with the graphic card i had until that very day. I play online games eg O2jam and now SDO which requires really really low requirements. The problem is, everything lags when i run 3d applications. It dosent lag when i run 3d apps on low detail. but it laggs on an online game like o2jam and sdo at high tex? I installed PC Alert4 and according to it, voltage isnt enough? question is.. is this the reason for me experiencing this lags? My friend had same spec with Geforce FX5200 and he dosent even lag.. its impossible for a geforce fx5200 to be better than an ati radeon 9600pro ...or my gr card is faulty? .. need help..thx

Dear god your card is running hot... it should only be around 40-45 degrees celcius! Ive got two 7900Gt's tunning in SLI and they never go higher than 43

Neil

Expert
  • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
    « Reply #13 on: September 26, 2006, 04:29:41 PM »
    The value in the screenshot is for CPU temperature.