Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: sound  (Read 2322 times)

spilla

sound
« on: September 30, 2006, 11:37:54 AM »
iv recently got a new computer but im not sure if it has a sound card, the speakers iv tried in it wouldnt work. i do not know wot the sound card looks like and can not find out weather it is insalled in the computer, could you tell me how i can find out  

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
Re: sound
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 12:04:49 PM »
Clearly if you've managed to plug the speakers in somewhere, this computer has sound.  Why not use one of the the system information programs you'll find in the software FAQ (click the link in my signature) to find out more about your computer's sound capabilities?  It may be that the sound card drivers are installed, or that your speakers don't work, or...
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

spilla

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 12:21:41 PM »
thank you rob but im not sure what to click on i tried find but nothing came up

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2006, 12:26:09 PM »
See my signature.  There's a word in it, "software".  Click on that.  In the page that comes up, you'll find several different "system information" programs.  Any of them should do the trick for you.

spilla

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2006, 12:40:23 PM »
im on to the major geeks web page but there are lots of different types of soft wear, i do not know what sound card i have, will it matter what one i download?

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2006, 01:54:32 PM »
Er... the point of the software is to tell you what soundcard you have...  Lets go back a step.  I'll guide you to one piece of software: >click here<.  Download, and if you're stuck, post again.

spilla

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2006, 02:50:36 PM »
im havin a bit of trouble i can find the the page which tells you, i have windows xp and the the pictures look different to my set up

spilla

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2006, 03:27:00 PM »
i have forund the page and the sound card is creative sound blaster AWE64 16-bit what shall i do now i look for it on the download site but the only creative they had was for 24-bit wont that work