Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: compaq 700z  (Read 2346 times)

bsblhater

compaq 700z
« on: October 22, 2006, 09:46:38 AM »
hi everyone i have  2 compaq presarios 700z and i need a service manual for them. i have spent a lot of time looking for this manual and i can find hundreds of them but nothing in the 700 series. i would like to know if anyone knows the reason for this or is there another model that is very similiar. there are lots of cd and manuals on ebay that say they cover all the compaq laptops but when you look through the list the manual covers it goes presario 350, 900 series and up. i need the manual to try and salvage one of these.

thankyou
jim

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: compaq 700z
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 10:38:13 AM »

bsblhater

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2006, 01:33:22 PM »
thanks soybean but they were of no help i have been there already. thanks for your time and info though
jim

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2006, 01:50:07 PM »
If you'd like to describe exactly what problems you're having, perhaps we can help.

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2006, 04:59:48 PM »
E-mail Hewlett Packard support. They own Compaq now.

bsblhater

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 03:24:56 PM »
i was able to talk online with a hp rep and he set me up with a dowloadable manual. the manual is awesome i have the puter totally disasembled already. unfortunatly my mother board is junk. now onto the job of trying to get one reasonable from ebay. thanks for all the support you guys. hey iam looking at a few of these compaq 700z puters on ebay most of them do not power up. has anyone had any experience with the non power up deal most of these are sold as is and they state that it could be the mother board causing the no power up issue. i think i,am going to have to take a chance and get one and hope the mother board is good to put my spare together any more input will be appreciated guys

thanks
jim

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 03:50:54 PM »
Just recycle the case and the drives and get what your budget can handle...No reason it needs to be a Compaq any longer.

I would recommend though a new PSU for any new build.

patio.  8-)
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

GX1_Man

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2006, 07:20:32 PM »
This is a laptop right? You will not have any fun with this project and can damage even more, if that's possible, if you have no experience with laptop disassembly.

Compaq laptops are strictly low end and not very durable at all, although there are a few exceptions, I'm sure.

There is a reason a broken computer is listed as no warranty. Don't spend too much on this project.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2006, 07:48:16 PM »
Ooops..laptop.
I need a nap.   :-/
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "