Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: 3-button mouse problem  (Read 2184 times)

Ryan

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Experience: Familiar
    3-button mouse problem
    « on: September 27, 2006, 09:08:46 PM »
    I have a new problem to report.  I had recently got a Logitech 3-button PS/2 mouse in the mail (the classic one), and although I'm able to get it to work flawlessly (The pointer moves fine, and all three buttons work), I'm having problems with one of my games.  I'm using it with Doom for Windows 95.  For some reason, although the primary and secondary (left and right) buttons work as they should, the middle button doesn't respond when it isn't assigned to something in the control panel.  I've tried going to Doom for Windows 95's frontend, and set the middle button to activate strafe mode, but in the game, even if I do that, it does nothing.  Strangely, if I make the middle button do the same thing as the shift key (via the control panel), it activates speed mode in the game.  I installed the Logitech mouse driver, so something is up.  The operating system I am using is Windows 95.

Does this thread belong in Hardware or gaming?
    « Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 09:11:25 PM by DarthMaul »