Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to stop websites from controlling your cursor  (Read 3629 times)

timrob

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    How to stop websites from controlling your cursor
    « on: October 03, 2006, 08:23:22 AM »
    Does anybody know how to keep websites from controlling your cursor?  For example, you go to yahoo, start quickly typing a new address while yahoo loads, then yahoo fully loads and forces your cursor to their search box.  Another example, you go to a website, while you wait for it to load, then the last thing it does it place the cursor in the websites searchbox (after all the advertisements and such have loaded).  It's nothing major, just an annoyance.

Raptor

Re: How to stop websites from controlling your cur
    « Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 10:31:29 AM »
    Use Firefox(click). A more secure browser that is just as functional but not as willing as Internet Explorer when it comes to websites being nasty.

NNEagle

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 12:25:10 PM »
      Use Firefox(click). A more secure browser that is just as functional but not as willing as Internet Explorer when it comes to websites being nasty.

Guess it won't hurt to swtich to firefox. I will do just that, of course when I get my computer back to work again.
      Eagle

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
        • Me
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 04:24:16 AM »
      You can turn javascript off in IE (and Firefox), but that will break other things...
      Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

panboy

Adviser

• Its all just a twisted game of cat and mouse
        « Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 10:05:30 AM »
        You may well find you will have the same problem in Fire fox, its the way those pages are writen
        Wields The Mighty Hammer of Computer Justice

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2006, 10:32:18 AM »
        You may well find you will have the same problem in Fire fox, its the way those pages are writen

Not if you use the Noscript extension.