Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: INTERNET AUDIO PROBLEM... PLEASE HELP!!!!  (Read 2939 times)

echinococcosis

Topic Starter

Rookie
    INTERNET AUDIO PROBLEM... PLEASE HELP!!!!
    « on: October 06, 2006, 04:04:17 PM »
    ok, i'll try to explain this problem the best i can despite my lack of computer knowledge. basically, i can hear audio fine on all programs except for certain websites, like youtube and ebaumsworld. the other programs work ok: itunes, media player, movie maker, ect. i'm thinking mabye this has something to do with the microsoft update i did about a week ago when i downloaded something related to creative sb live. oh, and whenever i try to use the creative recorder, and error message comes us saying a device ID is out of range for your system. i know that these problems are related to corrupt files on my soundcard or something like that. could someone please help?  :'(

« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 08:29:53 PM by GX1_Man »

echinococcosis

Topic Starter

Rookie
      Re: INTERNET AUDIO PROBLEM... PLEASE HELP!!!!
      « Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 04:12:42 PM »
      oh and i've also had quicktime problems lately. it says quicktime is installed but then error messages pop up when i install software saying that it's not working. don't know if this is relevant to the audio stuff... just thought i'd mention it.

GX1_Man

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 08:31:57 PM »
      ok, i'll try to explain this problem the best i can despite my lack of computer knowledge. basically, i can hear audio fine on all programs except for certain websites, like youtube and ebaumsworld. the other programs work ok: itunes, media player, movie maker, ect. i'm thinking mabye this has something to do with the [highlight]microsoft update i did about a week ago when i downloaded something related to creative sb live[/highlight]. oh, and whenever i try to use the creative recorder, and error message comes us saying a device ID is out of range for your system. i know that these problems are related to corrupt files on my soundcard or something like that. could someone please help?  :'(

You have answered your own question. How about a system restore to a point before you erroneously screwed up an apparently well running system?

Hint - Don't use MS update for ANY device driver besides USB ports, if that is even necessary.

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 08:32:59 PM »
      oh and i've also had quicktime problems lately. it says quicktime is installed but then error messages pop up when i install software saying that it's not working. don't know if this is relevant to the audio stuff... just thought i'd mention it.

You may want to uninstall the quicktime virus as well. If you want then reinstall it (sigh), but only after the above.