Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Uninstalled Keyboard and Mouse Driver...  (Read 4878 times)

xiongie

Uninstalled Keyboard and Mouse Driver...
« on: October 09, 2006, 02:44:57 AM »
Okie.. this is going to be very funny. I had a keyboard problem at first, my usb keyboard just stopped functioning one day, and it couldn't be used (it didn't work) in windows. I could only move my mouse. I have a feeling nothing is wrong with the usb port nor the keyboard because when i restart, I could used it in the BIOS system, but when I get to the windows startup screen, it stopped functioning.

So.. I decided to search around the net and one suggestion was to uninstall the keyboard drivers, and I did. What I did was went to device manager, and uninstalled some usb stuff. In the end, I couldn't move my mouse or my keyboard, and when I replugged them, it auto-gona-installed, but I couldn't do anything cause my keyboard and mouse doesn't work anymore. So i restarted, and now I m stucked outside of windows, cause I can't get my keyboard or my mouse to work. What should I do now? -__-;

GX1_Man

Re: Uninstalled Keyboard and Mouse Driver...
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 04:11:10 AM »
Get a PS/2 keyboard and mouse because they ALWAYS work?

Seriously is this a USB only set, or a wireless contraption? Does device manager show any problems with USB ports? Do these items work correctly in another computer? WHat version of Windows? WHat service pack? More info needed.

xiongie

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 06:50:21 AM »
Yay! Ps2 does work indeed.. ^^ Thanks!

I used a ps2 mouse (the keyboard doesn't work, as it was the original problem) to access windows, and then open device manager and there was an icon with an exclamation mark in the USB HID (yep, the device manager showed there was a problem with the USB, but I m a noob so I didn't understand until then), so I uninstalled it, replug the keyboard and installed the driver.

The mistake I made before this (which I don't know why happened) was when I uninstalled one of the drivers, the other 5 disappeared together. Magical. >.<;

Anyways, thank you for helping, really appreciate it a lot! ^^

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 01:25:54 PM »
Glad you are all fixed up. There is a message to all that when all the RF or other fancy gadgets fail, PS/2 input devices will continue to function and no drivers are needed to install.

panboy

Adviser

• Its all just a twisted game of cat and mouse
    « Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 05:07:49 AM »
    But New Dell computers Dont have PS2 Support :(

But there bios works for USB correctly... mostly
    Wields The Mighty Hammer of Computer Justice

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 06:59:13 PM »
    But New Dell computers Dont have PS2 Support :(

But there bios works for USB correctly... mostly

If you ask for it you shall recieve...all hail PS2
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "