Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: mouse lagging sound and video  (Read 2428 times)

vertigo1

mouse lagging sound and video
« on: October 03, 2006, 07:25:42 PM »
recently i've notice that whenever i'm doing things on my computer that include playing sound or video, the  sound and video get really laggy (skippy and staticy) when i move my mouse. It generally goes back to normal whenever i stop moving the mouse, but the gets laggy again when i start moving it again. It makes it almost impossible to watch videos, and the laggy sound will even affect some games that i play.

I have a toshiba 2.8 ghz laptop with 1.25gb of ram. It has a radeon mobility 7000igp graphics card and a realtec AC97 soundcard. Does anybody have any idea what is causing this and how i could fix it?

Raptor

Re: mouse lagging sound and video
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 11:37:09 PM »
Scanned for viruses and spyware?

Have you ran a diagnostic scan on the HDD using software provided by the manufacturer?

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 10:11:31 AM »
    Checked for updated mouse drivers?

Alan <><  :D
    I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

vertigo1

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 12:16:49 PM »
    I did scan my computer with avg antivirus, spybot, and adaware... and these found nothing.

I downloaded new mouse drivers, and though i haven't tested all the programs i was having trouble in, the problem seems to be better in one of the programs i was having trouble with.

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 03:51:19 PM »
    Try updating all your drivers.

vertigo1

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 04:31:26 PM »
    I've been able to update most of my drivers... i have problems updating my video drivers though.

I have an ATI Mobility Radeon 7000igp, but when i download drivers from ati, the softwhere says it won't work on my computer and i should get updates from the computer manufacterer. However, the latest video driver listed on the toshiba site for my computer is from June of 2004.

Raptor

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2006, 12:14:16 AM »
    Did you look for ATI Mobility drivers?

If you can't find them, E-mail ATI and ask them to E-mail you the drivers.
    « Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 12:14:46 AM by Raptor »

GX1_Man

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2006, 04:18:27 AM »
    Generally with laptops the manufacturer's site is the best place for drivers. They are not standard retail products.  ;)

vertigo1

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2006, 02:27:10 PM »
    yes, the ati drivers that i found were for radeon mobility cards, but those didn't work so now i'm still using the old toshiba drivers.