Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: saving digital camera photos to "My Pictures"  (Read 2386 times)

marshall2006

saving digital camera photos to "My Pictures"
« on: October 04, 2006, 08:32:17 PM »
 :-? :'(I'm running Windows XP home edition.When I try to save digital camera photos ,they download fine,but it will only save them to the local disc (hard drive).I "browse" and tell it to put them in My Pictures;it acts like its doing it but when I go to my pictures,they're not there.Are there some settings I need to change????The only way I can add more pictures is to change the numbers on the previous ones.Otherwise,it will say "File already exists,do you want to overwrite?.PLEASE HELP!!! ;)

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: saving digital camera photos to "My Pictures"
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 08:56:05 PM »
:-? :'(I'm running Windows XP home edition.When I try to save digital camera photos ,they download fine,but it will only save them to the local disc (hard drive).
Am I missing the point?  Where else would the photos be saved when initially transferring them from your computer?  

I "browse" and tell it to put them in My Pictures;it acts like its doing it but when I go to my pictures,they're not there.Are there some settings I need to change????  
Exactly what does Windows do when you first connect your camera?  Can you post a screen print?  Do you know how to cut and paste files using Windows Explorer?

The only way I can add more pictures is to change the numbers on the previous ones.Otherwise,it will say "File already exists,do you want to overwrite?.PLEASE HELP!!! ;)
Do you simply intend to put all your photos directly in My Pictures folder?  No sub-folders?  You can avoid this problem by creating folders within your My Pictures folder.  

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 09:19:37 PM »
    marshall2006.... Do you have the ability to select what folder or where to D/L the pics to........? you should be able to .........
    Now as to the issue re D/L more ........
    Think about ...... if your cam assigns a number to each pic....... and you D/L them in the default folder........ then you delete those pics from the cam......
    Now you take more pics ...and guess what ....... the cam will assign a number to the new photo ...... and because it usually starts with 00001 or some other number , that number already exists in the downloaded pics ....so you should either rename the first batch of pics you D/L into that folder because the 00001 already exists ....... or you will be offered the option to overwrite the existing ...... but you dont want to do that ....or you loose the first one numbered 00001

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 10:14:40 PM »
      I usually go grab the pics off the camera instead of letting Windoze do it for me.  That way I have control of what goes where.

Alan <><  :D
      I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!