Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help with sound card...  (Read 3581 times)

crzy_chinky_man

Help with sound card...
« on: September 16, 2004, 07:37:36 PM »
I think I might have deleted my sound device on accident. When I go and check, it doesn't show a sound device. I also lost my cd so I can't install it and I don't remember the name of my sound card since it has been uninstalled from my comp. Is there a way I can reinstall it without using the cd? Thanks.

crzy_chinky_man

Re: Help with sound card...
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2004, 07:40:33 PM »
Oh and my sound card came with my motherboard...

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2004, 07:03:27 AM »
Reinstall your mainboard drivers or downloaded updates ones and install those.

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2004, 05:09:03 PM »
how do i reinstall my mainboard drivers?

Kevin

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2004, 05:11:44 PM »
i dont know what motherboard i have and i lost the cd that i need to install it.

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2004, 04:15:37 AM »
Open your case, examine the mainboard and look for a name printed on the plastic.

Everyone should create a back-up of their mainboard CD or at least write down it's details in case you have to download drivers.

I donot know if this goes for all mainboards, but here I can uninstall them from the Add/Remove software menu.

Once you have obtained new drivers for your mainboard by doing as I said you should carefully follow instructions.

merlin_2

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2004, 01:35:32 PM »
control panel  add new hardware ...either let windows find your sound card or chose the manual option...scroll down the list  to sound etc...
« Last Edit: September 18, 2004, 01:35:54 PM by merlin_2 »