Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Please Help  (Read 2369 times)

yuki_JX

Please Help
« on: October 08, 2006, 07:39:48 AM »
i'm a newbie in pc troubleshooting and I change the setup of my BIOS and when i try to reboot my computer it dont boot and i cant open the setup for BIOS. what will i do?[size=14][/size]

:-? :-? :-?

GX1_Man

Re: Please Help
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 08:05:09 AM »
What will you do?

Post a LOT more information to get an intelligent response. See below.

downundersteve

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 08:30:47 PM »
gx1_man :
I understand you are knowledgeable in your field but this person has said they are a newb so maybe they don't know what info you might want to know or how to find it. This might be intimidating for them; maybe you should suggest the info you need?

yuki_JX
when you "changed" your bios do you remember setting or typing in a password or altering a password?

You say you can't open the bios, is it asking for a password when you press del, (or F2 or whatever) to enter the bios setup menus?

If it does not enter the setup menus are there any error messages?

Are you tapping the Del, (or F2 or whatever) key while your system starts to enter the bios?

Pleas describe exactly what you press and when to try to access your bios.

Steve

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 08:55:58 PM »
Steve-

It seems pretty plain to me:

Please post as much information about your computer, operating system, and problem as possible. Too much is OK, too little is pointless! Please don't just say "My computer doesn't work. What's wrong?"

Perhaps you can elaborate on this for the original poster if you feel he needs it. I am tired of dragging information that should be immediately available out of people for today.

Cheers.

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 11:48:38 PM »
I understand you are knowledgeable in your field but this person has said they are a newb so maybe they don't know what info you might want to know or how to find it. This might be intimidating for them; maybe you should suggest the info you need?

It's good that you're being so calm, but you obviously haven't been around for long on these forums.

Most people are a waste of time, either because they're too incoherent to make sense or because they're hit and run posters. Probably much like this one.

If they don't give enough information and not reply to the first poster, I suggest you don't bother at all. I know I don't.  ;)

yuki_JX

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 01:20:54 AM »
Pardon me please, i not good in english language. :'(

my computer's bios is AMI, OS is windows xp service pack 1, 1.6 ghz processor, 256 RAM

-i dont altered or even changed my bios password

-it doesnt display any error nor its beep sound beeps

-i reset my computer and its display

[size=14]"DEL>BIOS Setup F8>... F10..."[/size]

and try to tap DEL to enter the bios setup and it didnt asking for password, but it displays:

[size=14]"GO>BIOS Setup F8>.... F10>..."[/size][/color]-i try to tap enter any some keys but it doesnt proceed in bios setup

-i try to reset my computer and not try to enter BIOS setup and my computer didnt find or check for the primary hard disk and some peripherals etc.

:-? :-?

thanks for those who reply! :D

downundersteve

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2006, 01:50:15 AM »
Hi there
Firstly the colour is a little hard on the eyes!

What I think you are saying and correct me if I am wrong,
You want to get into your BIOS ?

AMI usually use F1 or F2 but sometimes DEL to access BIOS
Try tapping F1 while the computer was starting
Try tapping F2 while the computer was starting

Raptor

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2006, 10:31:19 AM »
Connect a PS/2 keyboard and retry.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib