Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Major Boot Up Issue  (Read 2011 times)

Potato_Masher

Major Boot Up Issue
« on: October 12, 2006, 11:36:09 AM »
Ok, so where do i start..

A while back i installed SUSE 10 on a GRUB partition with XP. That was all fine and dandy and i slowly lost interest in linux and somehow managed to forget my password (yes i'm an idiot). I started to run out of space so i decided i'd remove it. I did that, just simply downloaded partition magic or another one of them, deleted everything expect my Xp partition and rebooted, only to have GRUB not work (it had no idea what happened). So i reinstalled SUSE and just decided to get on with it.

So today i decided that i had enough. I found out how to go about deleteing the partition and replacing GRUB with MBR, so that work grand, it booted up as i expected. So i used FreeDos (as i had before) and i deleted the other partitions hoping that MBR would be working now. But no, nothing worked.

I reinstalled Windows, so now i have two drives, one with the old things and this one, that i just booted up.

So heres where you come in, I'm looking for a way to go back to using the old drive.

Maksim

Hopeful
    Re: Major Boot Up Issue
    « Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 12:25:35 PM »
    Download PartTition Magic Boot Disks and delete the hard drive and reinstall windows..

GX1_Man

Re: Major Boot Up Issue
    « Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 12:59:11 PM »
    Use FDISK for a DOS removal or CFDISK for a linux removal to get rid of all existing partitions and create what you want.

You absoulutely do NOT need Partition Magic to do any of this. Come on there, Maksim, get it right.  ::) ::) ::)