Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Nero burner  (Read 2593 times)

naseer_10_1980

Nero burner
« on: October 17, 2006, 01:40:19 AM »
HI

I have a acer laptop in that if i start to write a CD it takes nearly 30 min for completion can any one help me

Thank you

ff7vii

Re: Nero burner
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 01:54:49 AM »
ok, first off this is very vauge. We need more details to help you out here.

I don't mean to sound mean or negative in the least, but i don't think you know what your asking. What i mean by that, is there are a ton of different ways and methods to burn CD's and DVD's. There are a ton of variables, such as what you are burning, the speed at which you are burning it, what type of media you are burning it onto, the maximum speed of your burner, the type of data being recorded, on and on and on.

What i would say is check to see what your speed is at. Usually there is a setting, specialy with Nero, that says maximum. Another thing is that laptops don't normaly come with the fastest of burners. They take a lot of power, and what not. If you are burning larg files on a normal burner using default settings, half an hour really isn't something to get stressed about. It is a little above average really. Also, the fater you burn, the worse your data will be stored on the disk. I personaly do a lot of writing and backing up and i always use slow setting that take a long time, but the error ratio is very small when you do do so.

I would say, if possible, slow it down. LOL, You don't want to hop in your car and try to listen to a CD that is all scrambled. Then you take it out to see if there are any scratches and find that it is crystal clear. This would mean that it was a bad burn and that the disk is nothing more that a coaster to set drinks on, or a shiny christmas decoration! hehe

But if you do this a lot and all of a sudden the burning process has taken a dramatic time decrease, then say it. But your post did not have enough details at all. ;)

naseer_10_1980

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 02:25:58 AM »
I am burning it 32x

ff7vii

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 02:53:34 AM »
HAAAAA!!

lol, well that helps, but buddy we still need more information. 32x is about the middle when it comes to drive speed. 52x is fast, but again will not make the greatest of burns.

-What type of media are you burning on (CD or DVD)
-What are the specs or your computer (if you have a slow computer, its not going to be able to burn at its max)
-What type of files are you burning (text files, movies, music...... what extentions; .txt .avi .mp3)
-How much (600 MB, 4.5 GB, 359 Kb)
-What type of burn (audio, data, mixed, backup, copy, etc.)
-If it is a backup of another disk, what is the original (music, movie, your english papers)

This may be dumb, but are you copying a CD to a DVD, or...lol... a DVD to a CD........ (can be done, but i don't think you are)

We need a lot more info!!!!!!!

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 05:03:01 AM »
Sam should know that after 7 posts he will most likely be ignored with this meager amount of information.

Either try harder or do not try at all, Sam.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 06:29:44 AM »
And a double post is not neccessary...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "