Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Memtest86  (Read 6905 times)

GX1_Man

Re: Memtest86
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2006, 09:25:33 AM »
Ill look at it harder next time, but booting is such a pain, id rather not do it now.

This statement is underwhelming.  ::)

Clicking a button or two with your mouse does not seem terribly taxing. Maybe this is why others have stopped responding to you.

Raptor

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2006, 09:28:12 AM »
Ill look at it harder next time, but booting is such a pain, id rather not do it now.

Clicking a button or two with your mouse does not seem terribly taxing. Maybe this is why others have stopped responding to you.

I hate it when people waste our time.

Tiki-Tom

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2006, 06:54:56 PM »

Theres no way for you to know this, but when I say its a pain, I dont mean I dont want to *waste* time by pressing reboot and going into the bios. I mean, I have to shut down, open up the computer, take out the video card and put it back in so that it will boot up again with a picture.
Now, with that out of the way, I got memtest to run. I ran it for an upwards of 3 1/2 hours. The screen looked the same as I left it; a constantly refreshing list of some number-letter combinations that I didnt understand. It didnt seem like there was an issuse with the ram based on that test. Are there any suggestions to try other than Memtest? I.E something to test if the video card or mobo is faulty?

P.S Sorry for the long reply, school has been a little overwhelming.

Tiki-Tom

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2006, 04:12:47 PM »
Any advice at all?