Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: MS outlook, how can I link a signature to an accou  (Read 3733 times)

timbo

MS outlook, how can I link a signature to an accou
« on: October 18, 2006, 12:08:28 AM »
Hi, I use MS outlook 2002 and I  have several email accounts, for each account I have a different signature, each time I want to change an account, I also need to change the signature. It would be really handy if, when I change and account, the signature changes automatically, or visa versa, (as I often forget :P) from looking around at other forums etc it appears that this is possible and I need to assign a signature to an account, wonderful, but I'll be stuffed if I can work out how to do that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Timbo

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: MS outlook, how can I link a signature to an a
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 05:49:22 AM »
Open up Tools / Options and you should see a tab for signatures...you can assign a different one to each account.

patio.  8-)
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 09:48:29 AM »
Doing some testing here.  I can assign signatures to email accounts but when I open a new message panel, the signature that appears there is the one for the default email account.  I can change the account from which the message will be sent by clicking on the Accounts button and selecting the account, but the signature assigned to the default Account still appears in that message.  So, I then have to remove that signature and insert the correct one.  

Again, whichever account is set as the default account determines which signature will appear in a new message panel.  And, changing the Account at that point does not automatically remove the signature associated with the default Account and insert the one for the selected Account.  Am I missing something here?

timbo

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 06:16:49 PM »
Exactly, so do you think it's possible to have the signature change when you click on the account button to change the account? Or do I need to do it manually?

I can't even assign a signature to an account, if I go tools/options/mail format tab/signature button, then all I have is an Edit, Remove & New Buttons, even under Edit there is no mention of assigning the signature to an account, where do I do this?

Thanks

Timbo

soybean

Genius
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 09:16:28 PM »
As far as I know now, it's not possible to have the signature change when you click on the account button to change the account?  

You can assign a signature to a account in the panel opened at tools/options/mail format tab.  Don't click the Signature button unless you want to Edit, create, or remove a signature.  Of course, you must have multiple signatures before you can selectively assign a signature to an account.  At tools/options/mail format tab, you should see a drop down arrow for "Select signatures for account:".  Select the account in that box.  Then, select the signature you want to assign to it in the box below that one.  Click Apply, and OK.

timbo

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 09:56:36 PM »
Thanks Soybean, it appears that I have a version of Outlook which doesn't have those drop down boxes! Anyway it can't do what I want so I will contine doing manually.

Cheers.

Timbo

soybean

Genius
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 09:17:12 AM »
Well, I have Outlook 2003, but I found this reference which states the menu seqence for Outlook 2002 and it IS the same as 2003.  Outlook 2002 Tips and Tricks.  So, I think you do have those options.  You just aren't finding it.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 09:18:27 AM by soybean »