Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Poll

How do you like BF2142 so far?

Great!
6 (42.9%)
I haven't got it in yet
1 (7.1%)
I don't play Battlefield
2 (14.3%)
I don't like the Battlefield series
0 (0%)
I'd rather play BF1942
2 (14.3%)
I'd rather play BF:V
0 (0%)
I'd rather play Battlefield 2
3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Battlefield 2142  (Read 9878 times)

Raptor

Battlefield 2142
« on: October 19, 2006, 03:40:14 PM »
See poll

If you play battlefield 2142, add your screen name here so we can add eachother to the buddy list.

ViciousRaptor

panboy

Adviser

• Its all just a twisted game of cat and mouse
    Re: Battlefield 2142
    « Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 04:05:05 PM »
    panboy

is my Soldier Name

panboy3k

is my login, i not sure which one the Buddy list works on, Dammed EA servers making me have many names @_@
    Wields The Mighty Hammer of Computer Justice

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 04:24:02 PM »
    You can just pick one name, you didn't need to press "Create New Soldier"

chriscool9

Apprentice

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 04:32:54 PM »
      2142 is abismall!!!! EA have taken it too far this time. Some members on here might know i love my 1942 and Vietnam, they are the best! BF2 sucks, and 2142 just takes the mick. My mate has the demo and the weapon classes are pathetic, theres like 4 if i remeber right, the guns are just plain silly and maybe it was my mates computer but the people dont run right.

Chris

99 Problems and London's one of them

panboy

Adviser

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 04:49:55 PM »
        Ea is Silly, my First Logging for Ea Was Panboy, and with Pretty Much Every New EA game i have to add a new Number

My Ea Member Account name is Panboy2k6, and that has nothing to do with the Year. :P

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2006, 05:19:59 AM »
        2142 is abismall!!!! EA have taken it too far this time. Some members on here might know i love my 1942 and Vietnam, they are the best! BF2 sucks, and 2142 just takes the mick. My mate has the demo and the weapon classes are pathetic, theres like 4 if i remeber right, the guns are just plain silly and maybe it was my mates computer but the people dont run right.

Chris

You can configure your own class with unlocks that you earn. I think it's great fun, but I have yet to play online. Was testing out my configuration in single player first.

The weapons look nice, there's a lot of special effects to them but I was a bit dissapointed that they basically took BF2 weapons and gave them a futuristic jacket. Just like the sniper's anti personel mine..

panboy

Adviser

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2006, 06:35:19 AM »
          True enough but thats all Batter Field has done since 1942, All Battle Field Games are Pretty Much just Mods , of 1942, only with faster tanks and planes, and Bigger Guns

But 2142 has a new game mode all together, Titian its a little like tribes in that the 2 Teams have amain Base and your job is to destroy it.

Had you not played the Demo Raptor?

And with all the Extra Kit unlocks it makes the game seem like there are many more classes than 4.

My Game  Gave me an Issue last night which i blamed on the Way i got the Install file, so i installed it , so i could reinstall it , and the EA downloader Had deleted my Install Files !! Thats Pretty Gay

I hate EA, pitty they own some of the Good games

Raptor

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2006, 06:39:28 AM »
          My Game  Gave me an Issue last night which i blamed on the Way i got the Install file, so i installed it , so i could reinstall it , and the EA downloader Had deleted my Install Files !! Thats Pretty Gay

Did you patch it when leaving the game open?

Had you not played the Demo Raptor?

I tried, but it didn't work and I couldn't be bothered into looking why. I needed some sort of DirectX update but I figured it'd come with the full game as well.  

I hate EA, pitty they own some of the Good games

I don't know, I think EA is a pretty good game company. They have always made high quality games. Unfortunately, in the modern era, it is O.K to release buggy games.

panboy

Adviser

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2006, 07:03:01 AM »
            See the game worked fine , i was playing online last night , but i couldn't Join the Same server as my Rommie.

I figured maybe it was because it thought we were both using the Same CD key Because of how i installed it.

See He downloaded it on his computer and i copy ed all the Install Files

Then i logged into it as me, and Installed it

Then when we couldn't play in the same server i decided id try a reinstall , see if it might make a difference, and all the Downloaded install files were Deleted, any i dl'ed it again wont play tonight or tomorrow tho, I'm going to GameCon , soo all be at a lan fir the Next 36 + today  hours , with no sleep ^.^

Raptor

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2006, 07:24:59 AM »
            See the game worked fine , i was playing online last night , but i couldn't Join the Same server as my Rommie.

I figured maybe it was because it thought we were both using the Same CD key Because of how i installed it.

Sorry, Panboy, but.. DUH.
             :P

panboy

Adviser

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2006, 09:59:35 AM »
              Well see the way it works si the CD is registered to you login Name when you Buy it on line.

So at no point did i have to enter one, and i did install the Game with my login but with the files he downloaded

the method works for Steam, so i figured why download 2'gigs twice you know

any way ill try it again now when i get home, i hope it works lol :}

Raptor

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2006, 10:33:08 AM »
              You might end up having your CD key blocked or blacklisted...

homer

Expert
                « Reply #12 on: October 21, 2006, 05:43:01 PM »
                im a huge fan of battlefield 2, but heres my rant on battlefield 2142 in random order (except for the first one)...

[highlight]1. they took the unlocks WAY too far. you have to unlock f**kin grenades for crap sakes[/highlight]
                2. the commander interface is sluggish and unresponsive sometimes.
                3. spawning in empty vehicles is just f**kin rediculous
                4. the attack chopper is weak as *censored* and almost anything can take it down. its like a handicap while flying it.
                5. EMP grenades are freaking garbage. almost anyone can take down a vehicle.( ex. support guy throws emp grenade recon guy places c4 on it while it is frozen)
                6. they have WAY too many anti vehicle stationary weapons placed all over the map.
                7. the weapons have freaking lights and useless blinking things on them.
                8. the scope on most weapons has those lights and blinking lights on them making it very distracting
                9. theres only 4 classes now
                10. the MASSIVE amount of lag on most servers.
                11. the amount of glitches and random f**k ups encountered during the game
                12. the tanks dont have a machine gun anymore to take out infantry
                13. the hover tank cant turn its dam turret
                14. the walkers gun overheats way too quickly
                15. the commanders EMP strike is freakin useless
                16. when you bail out of a helicopter while flying it, it lands on you.

and im pretty sure theres more that i hate but i cant think of anymore right now.

Track

Apprentice

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2006, 05:52:30 AM »
                  @ Homer:

I've never played Battlefield, except the Battlefield 2142 Demo.
                  Would u say i should play Battlefield 2 instead of 2142, because it sucks?
                  That's Right, I am a Graphics Card Expert!

homer

Expert
                    « Reply #14 on: October 22, 2006, 11:41:59 AM »
                    its really quite a dilemma, most people that played battlefield 2 are now playing battlefield 2142, so there are less people on the bf2 servers. the only reason i am currently playing 2142 is because a) its a change from the usual and b) i just payed $60 for the dam game.

i would suggest, seeing as i do not know what the demo includes, playing both the games and deciding for yourself. because i have played bf2, i have something to compare it to, that may be the reason i have come up with such a list of discrepancies.

also, im sure EA is already working on patches to fix some of the issues right now. and if you didnt already know, the game had a patch for it on its release date. :P