Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internet Explorer directs me back to previous page  (Read 2983 times)

norwichkev

Internet Explorer directs me back to previous page
« on: October 23, 2006, 02:42:43 AM »
Would really appreciate it if anyone has any advice on the following problem which is really annoying me with Internet Explorer at the moment.
When in any webpage after a few seconds I am redirected back to the previous page every single time. If i click on a link in a webpage it will take me to that link, but only for a few seconds before it sends me back.
Also when I click on the Start button at the bottom left of the screen it appears very briefly then disappears unless I keep the left mouse button held down.
I think I have a virus on my computer but have Antivirus software saying it is clean.

Any ideas?

Many Thanks

Kevin

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Internet Explorer directs me back to previous
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 02:44:28 AM »
What antivirus are you using and is it up to date?
Are you also using antispyware?
When did this start happening?
Did you change anything before this problem began?

norwichkev

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 02:48:55 AM »
I have Norton Antivirus and it is in date. I think I have some sort of spyware virus, it constantly brings up a red box at the bottom right of my screen.
It started happening on Saturday and I havent knoingly changed anything at all.

I originally got a serious virus on my computer a few months ago where my antivirus had expired. A friend replaced the hard drive and reinstalled windows on my computer and everything was fine. Had this spyware (red box) for a few weeks now)

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 02:51:31 AM »
Try posting in the viruses and spyware thread, as this is a problem with viruses and spyware
You'll get more attention from people there, attention from experts on viruses etc
They'll be able to help you

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 04:19:02 AM »
And I will go ahead and lock this thread.  ;)